Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Interesting figures regarding PWC "brand" sales...

According to one of the (or maybe THE) largest "3 brand PWC dealership" network on the East Coast, Seadoo provides a much larger profit margin but Yamaha owns 70% of the PWC market. He stated that Kawasaki owns less than 10% of the PWC market with Seadoo owning the remaining 20+%. I would have thought that Seadoo would have owned way more share of the market considering the amount of Seadoos I see on our local lakes and rivers. Very interesting.

Tiny, I know you are in the ATL market. What say you?
    Last edited by Ski Hacks MG; 02-17-2015 at 12:45 PM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by CCW View Post
    Seadoo provides a much larger profit margin...
    Profits go up when you move your operation to Mexico.

https://plus.ibinews.com/article/mZ7Hq8mk52/2012/06/01/brp_to_move_sea-doo_production_from_canada_to_mexico/

I think Sea-Doo would secure more market share in Florida if they could ever find the balls to offer a 5 year warranty here, like Yamaha does.

+1
    Most rental companies use Yamaha. Since there are probably hundreds of rental places in FL alone, there's a large portion of the Yamaha sales. Since they get discounts for buying in volume, the profit margin is lower. I have seen a couple places recently on the west coast that have Sparks for rentals, so due to its low cost, there will probably be more rental places going to the Spark.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 64physhy View Post
    Most rental companies use Yamaha. Since there are probably hundreds of rental places in FL alone, there's a large portion of the Yamaha sales. Since they get discounts for buying in volume, the profit margin is lower. I have seen a couple places recently on the west coast that have Sparks for rentals, so due to its low cost, there will probably be more rental places going to the Spark.
    And the fact that most rental fleet owners agree that Yamaha (namely VX) reliability is second to none.

5. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by CCW View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 64physhy View Post
    And the fact that most rental fleet owners agree that Yamaha (namely VX) reliability is second to none.
    Yes. I was talking with the people at a place that has Sparks, and they wish they had gone with Yamaha, but they got some crazy promotional deal on the Sparks.

+1
    here in WA I would say 70% of the skis I see are Seadoo.. and than 25% Yamaha? The rest being Kawasaki (I am only talking newer skis)

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by r33pwrd View Post
    here in WA I would say 70% of the skis I see are Seadoo.. and than 25% Yamaha? The rest being Kawasaki (I am only talking newer skis)
    It seems like a lot of the northern states have more Sea-Doos than other brands. Look at rental places though, and most of them are Yamaha. In CA, there seems to be a fairly even spread of Yamaha, Kawi, and Sea-Doo for privately owned skis.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonm View Post
    How can Seadoo provide a much larger profit margin when Yamaha owns 70% of the PWC market? Doesn't make sense.

Well profit margins do not correlate directly to sales volume. I could sell 3 pwc a year and make 20k profit on each of them and I would have higher profit margins than both.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by r33pwrd View Post
    How can Seadoo provide a much larger profit margin when Yamaha owns 70% of the PWC market? Doesn't make sense.

Well profit margins do not correlate directly to sales volume. I could sell 3 pwc a year and make 20k profit on each of them and I would have higher profit margins than both.
    So Sea-doo is making more money selling jet skis to 30 people than Yamaha is making selling jet skis to 70 people? ROFL!

I will assume you are not in a professional type job? Your statement is nowhere near reality based on what any of us know.

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    Profit Margin= what they make PER ski, not total sales...

I see your stay here a Greenhulk is going to be limited.....ROFL....

12. +1 by:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information