Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

New Air intake setups

As many of you have read in the other thread, I am testing some new intake setups. This is my first setup, twin filter, 3" ducting. The left filter is pretty close to the manifold so that is going to be moved before I ride it, but for now this is what the deal is. Flow rite vents are going to be installed and the intake lines will be run up to those (once they come in the mail.

Installed:

And as you can see, the one filter is only a few inches from the exhaust so that isnt going to work, it'll probably melt something aside from the crazy heat that'll pull in.

As changes are made, I'll update this thread, and of course once I get it on the water.

That's interesting, I assume you kept the stock rubber intake boot on the throttle body and attatched to it? I'll be interested to hear of the results, no other mods right? This way you have a direct comparison between this and the stock set up. Clean looking install btw, but I agree about the proximity to the exhaust, I think maybe running the left pipe out to the end of the gas tank and then putting a 90* in and situating the filter basically behind the battery might be the way to go.

Venompwr2.....Where did you get the intake setup??? How does the 3 inch tubing attach to the intake?

The install looks great!!!

Yes this is the only mod so far, I'm def going to change it due to the filter, and once the flow rite's come in I'm going to connect the intake to those.

All of the parts you can buy at autozone or pepboys, it's just the spectre intake pieces. The intake attaches to the throttle body by the stock rubber coupling, its 3" at the end the intake attaches to so that was no problem to hook it up.

It did however take me about 2.5 hours to get this all installed as there is not a lot of room in there for me to move around and get everything tightened up (I'm 6'2")

BTW this is on an '05 sporster 4-tec 155hp

My local parts store sells that stuff... Its chromed over plastic.. and could melt from the exhuast heat.. Your not really gaining any more by having two filters, (just costs more)

Quote Originally Posted by welterracer View Post
    My local parts store sells that stuff... Its chromed over plastic.. and could melt from the exhuast heat.. Your not really gaining any more by having two filters, (just costs more)
    I know both of those things, thats why I said I need to move the left side more, and that 2 filters isnt necesary, I just like the way it looks on both sides.

Ill give you that... It does look very sharp..

I fashioned a pretty nifty little intake out of spare materials I had in my garage, I will take some pics tomorrow and post but its pretty simple, and should work pretty well. I will see how she feels at the lake tomorrow. I intend to make something more substantial later on but for now I am pleased.

I went and took a few with camera phone, quality sucks but you get the idea, remember this is just spare materials I had laying in garage + $20 filter from advance auto parts.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	filter1.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	90.5 KB 
ID:	22256   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	filter2.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	108.8 KB 
ID:	22257   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	filter3.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	109.1 KB 
ID:	22258  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information