Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Deep Fuel Pickup

Hey guys, just recently purchased a 2011 Ultra 300X and bought a few items to start. I didn't see much on the threads about the deep fuel pickup installation other than somebody with a 250x.

I recently purchased the R&D speed-up module, deep fuel pickup, waste gate block-off kit and the performance exhaust plate that I was told to do by 25 hours to avoid problems. Any idea as to how long these would take to do? My buddy and I are by no means mechanics but have some experience with basic hands on items and we replace the supercharger wheel, etc. in my past FZS no problem. I would assume that I could knock out all these items. Thanks in advance.

Thanks,
    Chuck

Banned User
    +1
    All can be done with basic hand tools no prob, doing all that taking your time 3-4hrs easy....

awesome....thanks....that's what I was hoping.

Thanks!

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    throw the exhaust plate in the bin if it a REC ski

you just got con'd

all it does is cause hard starts and rusty plugs !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Banned User
    +1
    ^i get tired of repeating that so how about instead of that statment ill say..... keep your old exhaust filter, ride around with the race plate, if (and when) you notice the hard starts or rusty plugs consider putting it back in!

6. +1 by:

+1
    yep keep the filter throw the plate there is no proven advantage of eliminating the exhaust filter.. also dont bother with the deep fuel pickup i can access all my fuel without it..

thanks for the info. From several posts on the forum, I saw that it was suggested to replace a honeycomb piece in the exhaust after 25 hours. Then what is that? I haven't ridden the 300x yet but I had seen a post that the nozzle for the gas tank was a couple inches vertically above the bottom of the tank and to get the deep fuel pickup and R&D had it. Why would it be for sale if it isn't needed or doesn't help? I guess I double screwed up but just wondering. Thanks.

Banned User
    +1
    That honeycomb piece keeps moisture in the waterbox from traveling up the pipe into the head. It (depending on your maintenance routine) has a tendency to wear out at a different pace for everyone. Ive gone 100+hrs on mine, some people's will only last 10hrs. The 25hr mark is a good time to check/replace it. If you notice the honeycomb seperating from the round part or pieces broke off replace it. If it looks brand new you can put it back in, some choose to replace at 25hrs just because....

+1
    lots of parts are carried over from the 250 and dont necessary offer any gains to a 300/310 performance manufactures have a way with words and get sales in like yourself. a little research before buying every conceivable bolt on can save you hundreds and hundreds. the gain in the fuel pick up isnt worth the install

11. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckbatts View Post
    thanks for the info. From several posts on the forum, I saw that it was suggested to replace a honeycomb piece in the exhaust after 25 hours. Then what is that? I haven't ridden the 300x yet but I had seen a post that the nozzle for the gas tank was a couple inches vertically above the bottom of the tank and to get the deep fuel pickup and R&D had it. Why would it be for sale if it isn't needed or doesn't help? I guess I double screwed up but just wondering. Thanks.
    I've gotten 101 hrs on my original exh. filter so far. And like others said, swapping in the plate delivers no gains. I say check it every 25, but as far as replacing it, I would expect at least 50 hours out of each. How long they last depends on how you ride and salt vs fresh water.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information