Zieman S-1 fit a GTX 260 Limited?

Hello,

I'm looking to pick up a GTX 260 soon and I am trying to get my trailer situation sorted out first. The J-1 is a bit on the long side for my garage and I really don't need the extra storage up front as I can just put whatever in the bed of my truck (I have a locking tonneau cover).

However, it's been really hard finding specifications on an S-1. Can anyone confirm that it will hold a GTX 260 iS Limited ok? Is the S-1 the same as a J-1 otherwise in terms of bunk space - and the extra length simply is just to make room for the storage area?

Thanks!

+1
    I had an S-1 and had a 2012 GTR on it and it was fine and fit in my garage. Here's a few pictures. No reason it wouldn't work wih the GTX.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gtr.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	60.4 KB 
ID:	351843

Name:	gtr2.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	78.5 KB 
ID:	351844

Name:	gtr3.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	144.8 KB 
ID:	351845

Banned User
    +1
    I would look at a different trailer altogether. Those Zieman trailers have the worst bow stop/winch setup I have ever seen. If you look close at the pics, no matter what you do, you cannot get the bow stop higher than the eye on the front of the ski. Physics tells you that in a hard stop that ski is going right up over the roller. They rely on the little loop in the winch strap to stop it from moving forward. However, with no tension on that loop, there is room for the ski to actually slide forward on the trailer, until all of that slack is taken up.

You want the bow stop higher than the bow hook on the ski. When tightening the winch strap, not only does the strap pull the ski into the roller, it is then held down tight to the roller with no possibility of movement.

Name:	IMAG0699.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	59.1 KB 
ID:	351860Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0698.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	47.2 KB 
ID:	351861

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by BryanP View Post
    I would look at a different trailer altogether. Those Zieman trailers have the worst bow stop/winch setup I have ever seen. If you look close at the pics, no matter what you do, you cannot get the bow stop higher than the eye on the front of the ski. Physics tells you that in a hard stop that ski is going right up over the roller. They rely on the little loop in the winch strap to stop it from moving forward. However, with no tension on that loop, there is room for the ski to actually slide forward on the trailer, until all of that slack is taken up.

You want the bow stop higher than the bow hook on the ski. When tightening the winch strap, not only does the strap pull the ski into the roller, it is then held down tight to the roller with no possibility of movement.

100% agree about the bow stop/winch set up. It drives me nuts. My Zieman S-1 was a 2004 model if I remember right and when I got my Sparks several months ago I was so excited to be getting a new trailer but just my luck the only trailer that was available was a Zieman and the design has not change at all. Pissed me off! It seems like the only trailers around these West Coast parts are Zieman's and if you're lucky the Seadoo trailers. No Triton. no Karavan...no Loadrite. Oter than Seadoo trailers, All the dealers seemed to be hooked up with only Zieman.

Thanks for the reply guys.

Zieman is pretty much all I can find here in Southern California...I did find a Seadoo move 1250. Can anyone confirm if a GTX will fit on that?

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Q in Arizona View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BryanP View Post

100% agree about the bow stop/winch set up. It drives me nuts. My Zieman S-1 was a 2004 model if I remember right and when I got my Sparks several months ago I was so excited to be getting a new trailer but just my luck the only trailer that was available was a Zieman and the design has not change at all. Pissed me off! It seems like the only trailers around these West Coast parts are Zieman's and if you're lucky the Seadoo trailers. No Triton. no Karavan...no Loadrite. Oter than Seadoo trailers, All the dealers seemed to be hooked up with only Zieman.

Yeah im pretty lucky to be able to get a Triton here. They are really easy to find since their factory is 40 miles from me.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Revo View Post
    Thanks for the reply guys.

Zieman is pretty much all I can find here in Southern California...I did find a Seadoo move 1250. Can anyone confirm if a GTX will fit on that?
    The 1250 could work as long as it's not the Spark model. No way will the Spark model work for another bigger ski. I think it's the TFFH Seadoo single place trailer would work too.

Thread Information