Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1
    Gus13letter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Tampa Bay, FL
    Posts
    8,132
    +1
    821

    How to: Using VTech maptuner to flash your ski

    Many people have reached out to me asking how do they program their ski with the VTech maptuner, so I created this document which should walk folks through the process. The instructions I completed were only on how to flash the ski once you have completed the registration and established an account. I hope you all find this useful!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Gus13letter; 02-21-2015 at 09:16 AM.


  2. #2
    hkss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Germany Karlsruhe
    Posts
    615
    +1
    59
    Perfect Gus, like all you documented.
    But, the very first time somebody take out the Maptuner from the shipping box -
    I think (not shure) something is different from your documented procedure - or not?

    From where the Maputuner get the files? The Maptuner must have WLAN connection?
    The Maptuner must first hang on at my computer to update it self (Bios) and load the files?

    And what about my personal stock file - can be backuped in the Maptuner bevore doing anything else?
    User registration - input Code...

    Ok - I have my Maptuner still on the shelf.
    I think when I use my Maptuner at first time,- I know what to do (hope so

    But this are questions every first-time-user want´s to know.

  3. #3
    Gus13letter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Tampa Bay, FL
    Posts
    8,132
    +1
    821
    Hello, Thank you. The instructions I completed were only on how to flash the ski once you have completed the registration and established an account.

    Here are the instructions from VTech. They show you how to use the tuner for the first time and how to register, etc.

    http://media.vtechtuned.com/How-to-u...er-5-spark.pdf

  4. +1 by:


  5. #4
    SWGTR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Clermont Florida
    Posts
    79
    +1
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by Gus13letter View Post
    Many people have reached out to me asking how do they program their ski with the VTech maptuner, so I created this document which should walk folks through the process. The instructions I completed were only on how to flash the ski once you have completed the registration and established an account. I hope you all find this useful!
    Thanks Gus. Again you have gone above and beyond to help your fellow skiers. The next time we ride together your fuel is on me. Not kidding at all just make sure your on empty when you bring it to the pump.

  6. #5
    Water4fire's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    New Braunfels TX.
    Posts
    10,059
    +1
    790
    Gus, Thank you for taking the time to share your input. It will help many people. Ofcoarse your going above and beyond to help others..

  7. #6
    Gus13letter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Tampa Bay, FL
    Posts
    8,132
    +1
    821
    Quote Originally Posted by SWGTR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gus13letter View Post
    Many people have reached out to me asking how do they program their ski with the VTech maptuner, so I created this document which should walk folks through the process. The instructions I completed were only on how to flash the ski once you have completed the registration and established an account. I hope you all find this useful!
    Thanks Gus. Again you have gone above and beyond to help your fellow skiers. The next time we ride together your fuel is on me. Not kidding at all just make sure your on empty when you bring it to the pump.
    It is no problem at all. Knowing that this helped you out and you appreciate it is enough for me. Honest, no need for the gas, but the offer is greatly appreciated!
    Since it was 1:30am when I put this together and was tired, I just went back through the doc and made a couple of changes.


    Quote Originally Posted by Water4fire View Post
    Gus, Thank you for taking the time to share your input. It will help many people. Ofcoarse your going above and beyond to help others..
    You are all very welcome and I am glad that I can help others out. I didnt realize that there were no instructions on how to program the ski until a few people recently reached out to me about it. I guess my IT background helped me get through it so I decided to put something together for everyone.

  8. #7
    Moderator beerdart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    25,929
    +1
    1,407
    Sticky

  9. +1 by:


  10. #8
    Marc l's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    17
    +1
    1
    Thank you, great help

  11. #9
    big john's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Cocoa Beach, Florida, United States
    Posts
    3,395
    +1
    598
    Gus is the BEST !!!!!!!!!!!

  12. +1 by:


  13. #10
    oikonomoupetros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Thessaloniki, Greece
    Posts
    398
    +1
    50
    Great info.! thank you

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. How to Mod Your Ski
    By rossnemo in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 74
    Last Post: 05-26-2017, 07:04 AM
  2. How to winterize your ski!
    By 2fast4u in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-16-2014, 09:41 PM
  3. How to keep your ski afloat!?
    By L Carlson in forum Open Discussion
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 04-30-2010, 06:30 AM
  4. How to Plant Your Garden
    By RX951 in forum Yamaha Open Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-31-2006, 08:05 PM
  5. How to launch your RXP
    By Bambeezer in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-06-2005, 10:36 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •