Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Killer Attack Turtle

If your really, really bored (I was...), or if you want to scratch "see a box turtle kick the snot out of a mirror" off of your Things to Do Before I Die list you can take a looky at my most recent (and only) production.

I captured the video with my cellphone, sorry about the crap quality. And if you get upset about the video bouncing around you can sit on it and rotate because that damn floor is really uncomfortable!
    Attached Files Attached Files

That is one nutty pet. When I put my turtle in front of the mirror he just looks at himself in amazement...

+1
    For unknown reasons I could not view your video (dam computers), but if the turtle that fights with his mirror reflection is the same one that is pictured next to your name, it is because he is a male defending his territory from his reflection...another male. The red eyes give it's sex away. Only male eastern box turtles have them. I brought my 2 pet eastern box turtles down to Florida with me. I found 2 southern box turtles in the middle of a roadway while living in FL. The female lays eggs every spring and now I have 14 box turtles. The males begin to constantly fight with each other when they get to be 4 years old. Pain in the butt keeping them apart.

Richard

+1
    that is one cool turtle!

Quote Originally Posted by way2fast
    For unknown reasons I could not view your video (dam computers), but if the turtle that fights with his mirror reflection is the same one that is pictured next to your name, it is because he is a male defending his territory from his reflection...another male. The red eyes give it's sex away. Only male eastern box turtles have them. I brought my 2 pet eastern box turtles down to Florida with me. I found 2 southern box turtles in the middle of a roadway while living in FL. The female lays eggs every spring and now I have 14 box turtles. The males begin to constantly fight with each other when they get to be 4 years old. Pain in the butt keeping them apart.

Richard
    Rich,
    If you dont have quicktime you will have to download it free from the web. Here's the link

http://www.apple.com/quicktime/win.html

You should be able to see it then.

Brian

NOOOOOOO DONT GET QUICKTIME!!!!

use quicktime alternative. http://www.free-codecs.com/QuickTime...e_download.htm

Whats with quicktime?

I never use it.

Males can also be identified by the concave plastron, the length of the tail, and the fact that he "lets it all hang out" sometimes when I put him in the sink to get a drink of water. God damn I wish I was as well endowed as him! Suckers bigger than his head (the thinking one)!

Iíve had him for around 16 years now. I donít keep him in an aquarium or anything, I just let him roam around the house. He usually does his business in the sink (or on me). Occasionally he'll drop a deuce on the floor if I canít find him for a few days. He has been to Maine, Key West, Arizona, Colorado and every state in between, and swam in every great lake but Superior. He would sit for hours looking out the car window or windshield. He even watched TV once for a few hours (he quit once the news came on) in Michigan while we were getting a new hitch put on our suburban (we had a travel trailer).

He has also been in my boat and has even flown in a private airplane.

Quote Originally Posted by WildBill9000
    Males can also be identified by the concave plastron, the length of the tail, and the fact that he "lets it all hang out" sometimes when I put him in the sink to get a drink of water. God damn I wish I was as well endowed as him! Suckers bigger than his head (the thinking one)!

Iíve had him for around 16 years now. I donít keep him in an aquarium or anything, I just let him roam around the house. He usually does his business in the sink (or on me). Occasionally he'll drop a deuce on the floor if I canít find him for a few days. He has been to Maine, Key West, Arizona, Colorado and every state in between, and swam in every great lake but Superior. He would sit for hours looking out the car window or windshield. He even watched TV once for a few hours (he quit once the news came on) in Michigan while we were getting a new hitch put on our suburban (we had a travel trailer).

He has also been in my boat and has even flown in a private airplane.
    Damn, I thought I was the only one who took care of my little guy as good as you do. I have a 2 1/2 year old Red Eared Slider and people laugh their ass off when I tell them about the hook-up I have for him. Mine is a horny little bastard too. When my wife walks around with no clothes on he will put his arms up beside his head and "flutters" her. He has never done it to me so I'm assuming he's smarter than I give him credit for. I was told that is some sort of courtship proposal??

hey Richard, did you unzip the file? I couldnt post it as an .mp4 so I had to zip it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information