• Yes

7 70.00%
  • No

0 0%
  • If I had a EFI setup

3 30.00%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Aftermarket ECU or Piggyback EFI 1300R

Just wanted to do a poll to see what the market was for an Aftermarket GP1300R ECU was or something that piggybacked it to control a decent amount of the ECU.

MACSBOOST, ADVENT, RIVA, R&D, and others please notice this thread!

Also MACSBOOST is working on it but the project got put on the back burner because of his new job with nascar.

SHOW YOUR INTEREST IN THIS PRODUCT! Lets get something!

+1
    Chris it is like beating your head against the wall somebody could really make some money............................................. ...........................................$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Quote Originally Posted by nater785p View Post
    Chris it is like beating your head against the wall somebody could really make some money............................................. ...........................................$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    If I knew the first thing about making such a devise I would go for it. I am good at tuning LSx V8s, how different can a 2 stroke 3 cyl be lol.

+1
    i would say that the seadoo guys have someone that could do it ..

I am pretty sure also that an EFI setup would go faster than a carb setup. I wonder why there hasn't been a push to do this.

+1
    carbs suck but, right now they are a little faster

Quote Originally Posted by nater785p View Post
    carbs suck but, right now they are a little faster
    Only because they are not limited. EFI should idle better, use less gas, and make more power if setup correctly.

+1
    i have a feeling before it is all said and done Ross will have something that will help.time test time weather time test etc..............the nice thing that i have seen is alot more hours Jim has like 530hrs and runs 77 all day in the salt 1200 grate tabs impeller cone on NON ported full tank gas just blows my mind.seems like all the carbed guys are always having probs when we go out... i know that i dont want to mess with it every time iam out..a good computer geek or electronics guy could figure it out

Yea and motor life for sure! I was running over a 200 shot on a stock short block ls1 for the longest time and nothing went wrong. Other people would try the same and pop the motor. Reason why mine didn't was because of the tune.

I could be wrong but I think the reason we havent seen any NEW upgrades for the GPRs unless we come up with them is because for the last few years it had appeared that the 2 strokes are going to be a thing of the past real quick.

A big company wont spend all there R&D time and money on something that could be gone next year. Sure they would sell alot of them over the next year maybe 2, but the market would dry up pretty quick. It takes alot more time and development to come up with an ECU that works flawlessly than say a ride plate or grate. Lets face it, SD and Kawi are going to get all the attention until Yami comes out with a good 4 stroke design with potential.

I hate that as much as the rest of you and would love to see an ECU, but we cant ignore the facts.

If its going to get done, it will be by one of us (not me, Im stupid ) but someone that has a vested interest in the GPRs.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information