Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ultra 250x loseing rpm on left turns

Ultra 250 80 hrs.
    The problem I have is at wot in a straight line rpm is 7650 turn right it goes to 7800 turn left it dies to 7000, I've had another ultra that did the same but not to this extream maybe about 200 rpm left and no gain right but wanted to know if any of you guys have any input on this ?,new charger and belt (properly tensioned)2 hrs old ,new plugs new. Looked after ski. Pump impellor and wear ring good.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard John Rowe View Post
    Ultra 250 80 hrs.
    The problem I have is at wot in a straight line rpm is 7650 turn right it goes to 7800 turn left it dies to 7000, I've had another ultra that did the same but not to this extream maybe about 200 rpm left and no gain right but wanted to know if any of you guys have any input on this ?,new charger and belt (properly tensioned)2 hrs old ,new plugs new. Looked after ski. Pump impellor and wear ring good.
    Forgot to mention I've removed air horn and tryed it with the seat off. Same results

+1
    Sounds like the trottle wire is to tight in the bottom of the steering column. Do you have a riva column?

Ultra 250 80 hrs.
    Forgot to mention I've removed air horn and tryed it with the seat off. Same results
    The searches I have done don't go much past what I've already done.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamaki View Post
    Sounds like the trottle wire is to tight in the bottom of the steering column. Do you have a riva column?
    Aftermarket only on top half risers and bars

Found it ! Previous owner has had a fogging point tapped on the charger.outlet manifold. The bolt for it was missing.

+1
    interesting as the steering would have nothing to do with that.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by nicjak View Post
    When using Riva steering system..., it jacks into the wire when its to thight passing into hull. Have had that issue on both of may macines when using Riva system, If I don.t adjust It well.

+1
    i understand this and that would be my thoughts, i was reffering to the op stating the s/c was losing boost due to a missing fogging port cap bolt..

Quote Originally Posted by Kamaki View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nicjak View Post
    When using Riva steering system..., it jacks into the wire when its to thight passing into hull. Have had that issue on both of may macines when using Riva system, If I don.t adjust It well.

I'm guessing it's becouse of prop direction and the way the water enters the tunnel it drops 200 ish rpm on a left but with the boost loss struggled even more when turning left. Water tested its fine now

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information