Nashville, TN

Seven Deadly Questions With Christian D’Agostin

The Watercraft Journal: Christian, thank you for taking the time to sit down with us! For many of our readers, they have no idea of your extensive racing background – dating back to Australia’s world-famous V8 Supercar series, the American LeMans and even entering into the Australian Drift Series! What drew you to these awesome racing series? Tell us how you got into racing at such a competitive level.

Christian D’Agostin: Motor racing has been a huge portion of my life, from the age of 2, dad had me at the track. He was the team manager for Garry Rogers as a driver who now runs the very successful Volvo V8 supercar teams in Australia today. My uncle built a very “agricultural” go-kart when I was 5. I basically drove that into the ground, which is when dad got serious with my potential and brought a proper Sprint Kart. So from age 10 to 20 we basically raced everywhere, every weekend.

This was an excellent baseline to go forward with. I owe all my tin top racing success and opportunities to Commordore Cup – a V8 sedan series which I won two Australian championships with, which opened the doors to V8 Supercars, in which I was able to race many rounds and seven Bathurst 1000 races.

More at WatercraftJournal.Com
    Last edited by Rustymuscle; 02-23-2015 at 08:42 AM.

Thread Information