+1

Wanted: RXP-X Performance Professional TAMPA AREA

Sounds downright crazy but here it goes. For my Yami I use Jim's Performance here in the Tampa Bay area. He's pretty much the defacto go to for Yami performance not only in the state but probably the country and maybe northern hemisphere. My wife has a '13 RXP-X and I thought she would trade it in on a Ultra 310 or a FZR but no...after riding them extensively within our group on both flat and rough waters she has decided she will let the warranty lapse on her ski, flash it and make it fast (again).

Previously she had a VTECH 8375 reflash, 4 blade impeller and stainless wear ring. Got 73 consistently and occasional 75's. Ridiculous hole shot Pump basically blew up about a month ago and the determination is that the bearings just couldn't take the stress. Should have upgraded the bearings in the pump and maybe some other things idk.

Anyway...we want to put the flash back and bring the ski back to its former self after reversing the modest mods back to stock and repairing the pump.

I don't mess with these things. Jim does the major maintenance and tuning of my Yami. Who in the Tampa area (Manatee, Pasco, Pinellas counties) would be the equivalent of Jim on the Seadoo RXP-X. I'm of course looking for the combination of expertise and fair price.

Any suggestions? Please no dealers.

+1
    Over 3 years and 145 hrs, with more mods than you, and no pump problems.

+1
    It is what it is. Need a local performance person. I should mention that we are particularly abusive to our skis. We ride extremely long trips in sometimes stupid conditions. Dependability is crucial because a breakdown could result in abandoning the ski. On the flip side my wife loves running buoys, riding twisty narrow rivers, you name it we do it.

I simply need someone I can count on here to maintain and tune her ski.

I do most all the work on the ski myself, but need to change the flywheel bolts now that I have everything else out of the ski. The guys at Jet-Trendz on 19 in New Port Richey are going to do it (i just dont want to buy the tools for a one time job). They are also going to pop in the Eastside Powersports cam too. The quote for the work is crazy fair. They helped me last year with a ECU issue and would not take any money. They have installed numerous Eastside cams for customers and told me exactly what to expect. I would give them a call.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by viperbob View Post
    I do most all the work on the ski myself, but need to change the flywheel bolts now that I have everything else out of the ski. The guys at Jet-Trendz on 19 in New Port Richey are going to do it (i just dont want to buy the tools for a one time job). They are also going to pop in the Eastside Powersports cam too. The quote for the work is crazy fair. They helped me last year with a ECU issue and would not take any money. They have installed numerous Eastside cams for customers and told me exactly what to expect. I would give them a call.
    Our guys use Jet Trendz all the time. Some of us have even had conversions and custom builds done by Bret. He is awesome and unless someone can make a better suggestion he is who I will take her ski to. Only problem with Bret is he is so good and so busy it takes forever to get work done and I do worry because he is so broad in the number of manufactures and backlog of years that he pays attention to.

+1
    If your in Florida and not far from Orlando, the ONLY PERSON I would use for ANY ski is Deans Team!!!! Dean Charrier is the man in Florida with any ski!!!! You may pay more for it, but he is the man!!!!

+1
    Come on over
    In Bradenton

http://www.russomarineandspeed.com/

+1
    Jet Trendz if you're in Pasco. If you were my friend I'd help but you're not

Thread Information