Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

intercool question and macboost chip

anyone make there own intercooler? been thinknig of doing so i can make my own for like a 1/3 of the cost of buying one amy pics or info

also wondewring if i should run the macboost chip by its self first or do the intercooler and the chip at the same time?

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    you can do both at same time

ok ,i found a intercooler core its about 800cfm wondering if thats to much or not

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    more is better less pressure drop

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by curtisb View Post
    anyone make there own intercooler? been thinknig of doing so i can make my own for like a 1/3 of the cost of buying one amy pics or info

also wondewring if i should run the macboost chip by its self first or do the intercooler and the chip at the same time?
    you can do just the chip and get a couple more mph and more power top to bottom but you really want the cooler too huge difference, only thing is you will have to get the prop to, because with the intercooler you end up with so mch torque you will cavitate everytime you take off. best thing to do is buy the stage II kit. i know this becuase i bought it one at a time, the chip then the intercooler and then no choice the prop. ive had mine a couple years now with no issues about 120 hrs

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by wheresmike View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by curtisb View Post

you can do just the chip and get a couple more mph and more power top to bottom but you really want the cooler too huge difference, only thing is you will have to get the prop to, because with the intercooler you end up with so mch torque you will cavitate everytime you take off. best thing to do is buy the stage II kit. i know this becuase i bought it one at a time, the chip then the intercooler and then no choice the prop. ive had mine a couple years now with no issues about 120 hrs
    Thanks for the feedback Mike.

-Mac

+1
    I have just the Chip in mine with over 200hrs on it, no problems and runs great, but do have to run the better gas or heat sink kicks in and reduces power until she cools down again! Looking to buy a inner cooler for it some time soon!

Stage 2 is the way to go...

+1
    Strait pipe and ic will put a stock ski @ 6400rpm... No boost mods at all. But if you feel like spending another $400 to get 2-3mph more. Get a prop and a fcd2 to max out the skis performance (within reason)

done my own if setup for around 200 IIRC with BOV. I kept getting so many conflicting answers on stuff on here it was rediculous. Its NOTHING fancy, its just like any turbo setup

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information