Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

What is normal running engine temperature for an Ultra 150?

I recently bought an ultra 150 that needed some work. I found the middle cylinder hose coming off the head had a partial blockage and the rear one was fully blocked. I cleaned out the blockages. Not sure if the screen displayed engine temp but my screen is out and does not work. I have a laser thermometer and can take the temp of each cylinder. I just want to know what is the normal temperature range for the engine once it is warmed up?

I have never actually checked the temp of the cylinders. The display has an idiot light thay blinks when the engine gets to hot. The sensor is located on top of the exhaust manifold. Just a guess you should be able to put your hands on rach jug and exhaust and be able to tolerate it. If you touch and cant put your hands on it for long its running hot.

+1
    I'd suggest running a compression test, installing the Triple Pisser Mod, installing a cooling line strainer, and getting a replacement display. When you change the display, remove the rubber plug on the back and seal it with 3M 5200 sealant to keep water out when you flip the 'Ski. A good used replacement display will run you about $250 on Ebay.

+1

Test run on the water

Thank you for the replies. I finally ran it on the water about 2hrs ago and I saw a top speed of 62.63mph on the GPS. I had only ran it on the water hose up to now. I just got them in the last couple weeks and had to put on a new water pipe or "water log", pulled the carbs off and cleaned them good, put new oil lines on, new plugs and new gas. All 3 cylinders had compression between 125-130psi. When I ran it today, all the cylinders were running between 90*-115* F depending on the RPMs I had been holding right before shutting it down. I ran it for a minute at first, all good. Ran it for a couple minutes, all good. Ran it for 3-5 minutes and all cylinders were still showing the same temp. I took the temp on top of the head just on the outside of the spark plug. They were all cool enough to touch no problem and I could also touch the exhaust no problem too.

I came across these two 2001 Ultra 150's locally a couple weeks ago while searching for a double trailer for my Seadoo RXT-X & GTX Ltd. Had paperwork on everything and it was a steal of a deal. Like, STEAL OF A DEAL! One of the jet ski's has everything minus the engine. The other one, which is the one I fixed and rode today would start up but just needed a tune up. So I'm pretty much left with a good running ski and one for parts (minus engine). Here's some pics.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2015-02-26-17-28-02.png 
Views:	45 
Size:	145.7 KB 
ID:	352402Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150221_102952.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	91.9 KB 
ID:	352403Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150221_103003.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	103.0 KB 
ID:	352404Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150211_181236.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	84.6 KB 
ID:	352405Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150211_181249.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	84.9 KB 
ID:	352406

+1
    Good! Glad you got it running.

Well im jealous

+1
    Killer deal!! Did u get new carb kits or just re used the old stuff?

+1
    Just reused what came on it. It's got the stock carbs and I just took them off and cleaned all the Jets and passages then put new oil injection line on it. Ran it 55miles round trip yesterday and another 25miles round trip today through a very twisty river. This thing rips! I pulled the heads off when I got home and blew out the water jackets just to be sure I have a clean flow. I'm doing the triple pisser mod as soon as some parts come in and also going to put a water strainer on. I think I might like this ski better than my 2010 rxt-x 260! Excellent handling. I was very impressed!

+1
    Holy shit!! Better that the 2010 rxt!!! That's awesome!! I haven't got mine in the water yet. Think I'm gonna go pull the carbs and clean them up a bit also. My ski starts up and runs great in the hose, I just replaced all the oil and fuel lines also. Still can't get my trim to work.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by waverider1200 View Post
    Holy shit!! Better that the 2010 rxt!!! That's awesome!! I haven't got mine in the water yet. Think I'm gonna go pull the carbs and clean them up a bit also. My ski starts up and runs great in the hose, I just replaced all the oil and fuel lines also. Still can't get my trim to work.
    Yeah, my 2010 RXT-X is awesome but it's just a much different type of ski than this Ultra 150. The Ultra 150 is physically much smaller and so easy to throw around. The river I live on is pretty narrow with alot of tight turns back to back and I can nearly hold the Ultra 150 pinned wide open the entire time and rip it up.

If you can push the trim rod up to the max setting without the ski porpoising while running wide open, That would probably be the best setting. I leave mine trimmed up all the way.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information