Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

310 SCOM benefit? How much gain?

Hey guys,
    I just bought a new 2014 310X SE. I have been debating adding a Riva Scom to my ski vs doing a reflash. I called Riva and R&D both asking questions. Surely R&D wants to sell his $750 reflash and talk you out of the SCOM. Riva told me you really benefit nothing on a stock ski????
    I am just trying to gain a few mph. What have you guys that added a SCOM see in performance gains on gps top speed? I bought the extended warranty and really do not want to loose it doing a reflash. I know the SCOM can be easily removed if needed. I would rather give Riva my business and not R&D.

+1
    If you get an R&D reflash you will still need an SCOM to get past the limiter anyway. A v-tech flash does remove the speed limiter. A Reflash will advance the timing and help acceleration, even on a stock ski.

Yep... I was curious what the SCOM will do without a reflash?

+1
    You'll get 4-5 mph with SCOM,67mph @7600 rpms to 71-72 mph ,your rpms will be between 7800-8100 that will be stored on the ECU so it's something your gonna have to decide upon..

Reflash will give no more top speed maybe 1/2 mph ,if you go with a steeper prop pitch or even a leaner pitch and that's a little dangerous keeping your RPMs over 8000K for long periods it's not worth it..

Reflash is great for a little quicker acceleration as your rpms spin up quicker taking from point A holeshot to point B top speed faster but not a higher speed..

I personally tried a few props and prop pitches with the R3 R&D flash and luv it but couldn't push me last 74. -74.5 mph without a wedge..
    Last edited by jetdave56; 02-27-2015 at 05:37 PM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jetdave56 View Post
    You'll get 4-5 mph with SCOM,67mph @7600 rpms to 71-72 mph ,your rpms will be between 7800-8100 that will be stored on the ECU so it's something your gonna have to decide upon..

Reflash will give no more top speed maybe 1/2 mph ,if you go with a steeper prop pitch or even a leaner pitch and that's a little dangerous keeping your RPMs over 8000K for long periods it's not worth it..

Reflash is great for a little quicker acceleration as your rpms spin up quicker taking from point A holeshot to point B top speed faster but not a higher speed..

I personally tried a few props and prop pitches with the R3 R&D flash and luv it but couldn't push me last 74. -74.5 mph without a wedge..
    Thought you had a 300 the op is asking of a 310?

Does the scom void the GTPP policy?

Banned User
    +1
    Farting on your seat will depending on your dealer so yes it will/might depending

Don't mean to hijack the thread but does the scom put a lot of stress on the engine and really reduce the overall reliability of the 310?

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    Don't mean to hijack the thread but does the scom put a lot of stress on the engine and really reduce the overall reliability of the 310?
    I am wondering this too. Concerning the previous poster about the RPM being recorded at 8100. Wouldn't it be possible to hit 8100 with 3 people on the jet ski while towing, since it is a speed limiter after all? where does the factory RPM limiter kick in? Is this disabled by the SCOM?

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    no more then EVERY OTHER REFLASH or RPM increasing mod does to EVERY BRAND ski...

the GOOD SCOMs that run a pass threw signal .........NOT A FIXED signal styles.. are your best bet...

Waz

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information