what to look for on purchasing used seadoo's

Need some help, have 2 low hr seadoo's 09 xrp 225. They are garage year round, no for a fact they go out once a year to lake Huron for a day then sit. How do I check if the supercharger bearings are good on the engine. Checking proper winterizing. Plus it's -5 out so test riding isn't a option. Other then checking the hulls for wear and tear. Thanks

+1
    I look at the motor mounts or corrosion, pull oil out to see its quality, check compression across all 3, try to hand spin the SC, look for a black line going across the through hull which will tell you the carbon seal needs to be replaced and alignment checked.

+1
    There are plenty of threads on this topic if you use the search feature (top right of the page). You'd have to take the supercharger apart to really inspect it. I'm not sure there is way to check for "proper winterization", assuming everything is 100% functional the winterization process must have been good enough over the years. If anyone is considering the purchase of a ski without a test ride, I recommend they hook the ski to BUDS and view the history.

Quote Originally Posted by SCHNORR12 View Post
    There are plenty of threads on this topic if you use the search feature (top right of the page). You'd have to take the supercharger apart to really inspect it. I'm not sure there is way to check for "proper winterization", assuming everything is 100% functional the winterization process must have been good enough over the years. If anyone is considering the purchase of a ski without a test ride, I recommend they hook the ski to BUDS and view the history.
    Or hook to Candoopro!

Thread Information