Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Kawasaki 250x/260x - Who has the most hours?

Who has the most hours on their Kawasaki 250x/260x? I have 208ish on mine, looking at surpassing the 300 mark this upcoming season. Updated pump bearings, catch can along with regular maintenance will hopefully get me there.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperCharged67 View Post
    Who has the most hours on their Kawasaki 250x/260x? I have 208ish on mine, looking at surpassing the 300 mark this upcoming season. Updated pump bearings, catch can along with regular maintenance will hopefully get me there.
    Youre back so hockey season must be winding down! Got 304 hrs on my 260. Hope to bust 400 this season.

3. +1 by:

+1
    Yup, winter is finally showing signs of winding down so I'm looking forward to getting back on the lake! That's good to hear that these machines can reach these amount of hours. Have you had any major repairs in your 304hrs?

Yup, winter is finally showing signs of winding down so I'm looking forward to getting back on the lake! That's good to hear that these machines can reach these amount of hours. Have you had any major repairs in your 304hrs?
    Oh yes, there have been various issues along the way even though ski has been kept stock and never raced. Ive had more than one motor rebuild and most of the classics like gas in oil (gio), pump bearing failure, and cracked head. Good news is the new 2013.5 catch has been working well and Kawi has stood behind the GTPP extended warranty plan 100%. Id like to get a 310 but may have to complete one more season on 260. The Ultra is really the only ski that makes sense for me given my preference for fast distance touring (110miles+) in highly variable conditions and all that storage for gear and supplies.

Ski has 304 hrs on her total but only 30 hrs on rebuilt motor. With new SC and like new IC , I figure 400 hrs is doable. I'd like to get a 310 eventually but hoping to get one more good season on my 260.

I hope your ski works well for you. Remember to upgrade those pump bearings and closely monitor belt tension, oil level and condition of ic.

+1
    Wow, I guess the warranty really helped you out. With 30 hours on a motor with a new SC and like new intercooler you can probably surpass 400hrs. The Ultra is a perfect ski for touring lakes, and it's the main reason I bought the machine.

Thanks, the pump bearings are being swapped out before the season starts along with that new 2013.5 catch can. Belt's new, so I'm going to get the tool to check the tension so I don't have to replace it again. Also the intercooler was just cleaned out before I put it away for the year so hopefully the new catch can will keep me from taking it back out for the season. Will probably being changing my oil frequently this summer as I did have the GIO problem.

I know my machine got a new head @ 168HRS so hopefully my machine will get me to the 300 mark on the original engine.

Wow, I guess the warranty really helped you out. With 30 hours on a motor with a new SC and like new intercooler you can probably surpass 400hrs. The Ultra is a perfect ski for touring lakes, and it's the main reason I bought the machine.

Thanks, the pump bearings are being swapped out before the season starts along with that new 2013.5 catch can. Belt's new, so I'm going to get the tool to check the tension so I don't have to replace it again. Also the intercooler was just cleaned out before I put it away for the year so hopefully the new catch can will keep me from taking it back out for the season. Will probably being changing my oil frequently this summer as I did have the GIO problem.

I know my machine got a new head @ 168HRS so hopefully my machine will get me to the 300 mark on the original engine.
    The extended warranty has definitely paid for itself in my case. I should clarify, though, a couple of points because I know other people have had different experiences. I studied the exceptions to coverage language in the contract and never pressed a weak claim. I picked my battles carefully. Never argued over "corrosion" and documented all dealer inspections, repairs and maintenance. Never did any mods. Kawi paid for the last rebuild but I paid for new sc and ic. Ive invested plenty of my own money in the portly, sexy beast but IMO Kawi has kept its word 100%.

+1
    275 hours. 2007 250x. Upgraded pump bearings and shaft. R/d stage 1 and a few other goodies. No major issuers. Mostly heavy ocean riding. 1 steering cable and steering shaft bearings. No major issues. Uses almost no oil. Never gas in the oil either. It's been great hopefully it stays this good. I'd like to keep it when I get my 310

+1
    Good to see there is some people clocking a good amount of hours on their 250x. You're lucky on the GIO because it sure sucks to have to change it out so often. Can't wait for the lakes to unfreeze here, and head back out on the water.

Been around for years...seen it all Kawi-Guy's Avatar
    +1
    My 2007 250X had over 300 hours on it when I sold it, original motor.
    A few pump bearings and a new pump where the biggest things, prop repairs as well , had to replace the steering cable and the Reverse cable from years of abuse !!

Quote Originally Posted by Kawi-Guy View Post
    My 2007 250X had over 300 hours on it when I sold it, original motor.
    A few pump bearings and a new pump where the biggest things, prop repairs as well , had to replace the steering cable and the Reverse cable from years of abuse !!

Thats a good record KGuy! You know who we have not heard from? Wotman and Oheezy. Unless one of those dark horses checks in soon, I humbly submit that Blue 182 is #1 on the leader board.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information