Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Cruise Control for 2012 RXT-x part 295100455

Hi Everyone,
    I just purchased a 2012 RXT-x and I want to ad cruise control. From the research I have done I need part #295100455. The dealer claims that there is no part for the X to ad cruise control. Has any one added it to there 2012 X if so what part number and how does it work. The dealer said that when he spoke to BRP that they made it sound like it cold be done but that BRP does not want people adding it for some strange reason to the RXT-x. Please let me know. Thank you.

+1
    Cruise control as an accessory from BRP has been discontinued, sorry to say...

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
    Cruise control as an accessory from BRP has been discontinued, sorry to say...
    Tiny, Why did they discontinued this module? I thinks it very useful for long distance trips and towing tube/skier!

+1
    They say it is due to lack of interest and sales of that accessory. I keep telling them that I could sell almost 100 at the drop of a hat!!!! They have no plans of reintroducing this as an accessory either..... I think their marketing team is missing out on this one.......

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
    They say it is due to lack of interest and sales of that accessory. I keep telling them that I could sell almost 100 at the drop of a hat!!!! They have no plans of reintroducing this as an accessory either..... I think their marketing team is missing out on this one.......
    I had it on my 2010 GTX iS 215 and I miss it on my 2014 RXP-X. I'd agree with you.

+1
    How did they put it on the PX as a extra? I mean did it come with a Button and just plug into the harness?

+1
    The stopped offering it 2 years ago, so if anyone had it on their PX, they got it before it was discontinued...

It is a huge let down that they got rid of it. They will not even answer you if you ask if the last kit made will fit a 13-15 ski....They say we dont know, we no longer make it...

+1
    I was disappointed after using it as a cruise control.

It's not like you push a button and its hands off gas trigger. Once activated, you must hold throttle wide open the entire time you need use it. And because its GPS speed controlled (from dash), the moment you ride under a bridge, speed picks up dramatically. So if they were worried about liability in hands-off throttle (very valid), they didn't think it through about under bridge situations. I'm willing to bet that was one of the biggest reasons why its no longer available. Down here, we have lots of low bridges (and all are no-wake).

However, its nice as a "ski mode" limiter. But down here, you almost never see people towing skis/tube in ocean.

ps. Had I known they were going to discontinue it, I would have bought 20 units for ebay selling.

+1
    Guys I installed X steering on my GTX, so how do I convert it? Do I just move over the button to the new steering? Or what? My original steering had it. So the ski has Cruise mode. Just need to know about wire procedure in the steering>

+1
    Yeah man, just swap over the button and probably the steering harness just to make sure.....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information