stx15f getting water in oil

Just bought 2 stx15fs I was told they were winterized but when I ran them on the hose the oil got milky. Any suggestions on what could have frozen. Could the oil cooler have cracked ?they are both doing the same thing. Help please.They run fine and idle fine

Mine did the same thing last year ran fine till I came down to idle. Stalled and was full of water. Never got a straight answer gonna start looking more into it now it finally warmed up. Maybe someone has some ideas

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by spaman65 View Post
    Just bought 2 stx15fs I was told they were winterized but when I ran them on the hose the oil got milky. Any suggestions on what could have frozen. Could the oil cooler have cracked ?they are both doing the same thing. Help please.They run fine and idle fine

Did you follow this procedure,

Attach the garden hose to a faucet. Do not turn on the water until the engine is running and turn it
    off immediately when the engine stops. The engine requires 2.4 L/min (2.5 qts/min) at 1 800 rpm
    and 7.0 L/min (7.4 qts/min) at 6 000 rpm.
    CAUTION
    Insufficient cooling supply will cause the engine and/or exhaust system to overheat and
    severe damage will occur. Excessive cooling supplymay kill the engine and flood the cylinders,
    causing hydraulic lock. Hydraulic lock will cause severe damage to the engine. If the
    engine dies while using an auxiliary cooling supply, the water must be shut off immediately

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ange5583 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by spaman65 View Post

Did you follow this procedure,

Attach the garden hose to a faucet. Do not turn on the water until the engine is running and turn it
    off immediately when the engine stops. The engine requires 2.4 L/min (2.5 qts/min) at 1 800 rpm
    and 7.0 L/min (7.4 qts/min) at 6 000 rpm.
    CAUTION
    Insufficient cooling supply will cause the engine and/or exhaust system to overheat and
    severe damage will occur. Excessive cooling supplymay kill the engine and flood the cylinders,
    causing hydraulic lock. Hydraulic lock will cause severe damage to the engine. If the
    engine dies while using an auxiliary cooling supply, the water must be shut off immediately

If above wasn't followed and caused the water in engine: just change oil till dipstick isn't milky (2 to 4 times) change filter and ride for 15 /20 mins to dry remaining moisture.

Yes mine died on the water but yes always turned engine on first then water off first

My name is Sean and I am addicted to STXs smokeysevin's Avatar
    +1
    have you checked the seal on the oil cooler yet?

that's the likely spot. The other location it could be is the exhaust backing up when you go to start it but thats less likely.

Sean

Quote Originally Posted by smokeysevin View Post
    have you checked the seal on the oil cooler yet?

that's the likely spot. The other location it could be is the exhaust backing up when you go to start it but thats less likely.

Sean
    No but I will this weekend definitely. I never thought of that. What would be the best way pressure test it or remove it? I'm not real familiar with these skis yet

My name is Sean and I am addicted to STXs smokeysevin's Avatar
    +1
    You can take the water lines and plug one then pressure test them. Then Remove it and clean the mating surfaces, then reseal it if needed.

Sean

Thanks Sean I will try that this weekend

Thread Information