Thread: New Season, New Things
03-02-2015, 10:32 PM #1
- Join Date
- Apr 2012
New Season, New Things
A new Riding Season is coming and I was wondering what gear do you guys have? Who actually carries a anchor? Do I really need one? What do you keep your phone in when you ride? I've found this site that does help (http://www.steveninsales.com/17-acce...r-should-have/). What do you guys have when you ride?
03-03-2015, 12:21 PM #2
2. Tow rope
3. Dry bag with tools (screwdriver for tightening/replacing hose clamps, zip ties, pliers, small LED flashlight, 10" curved hemostat for pump clearing, bug spray, sun screen)
4. GPS if I know I'll be going into new areas.
5. Small hand towel in the glovebox for sunglass cleaning.
6. First aid kit with a container of vinegar and benedryl for jellyfish stings.
7. Compressed towels that will expand if needed to serve as big bandages.
8. Fire extinguisher
9. Cell phone or marine radio (both if going offshore)
10. I also keep extra hose clamps on the hoses just in case one pops, the spare is right there ready to be moved into place.
03-03-2015, 12:25 PM #3
Most important thing to bring............a riding partner! Been there done that. No fun!
03-03-2015, 01:14 PM #4
Really depends on where you'll be riding as far as what you should be packing. We tend to do long trips where we wont see another boat/person for hours. Because of that, I carry what I consider a full compliment of gear.
In the pelican case we have flares, tools, navigation equipment, VHF w/DSC, fire starter, SPOT, flashlight, batteries etc. If it's a long trip we'll carry the spot attached to a lifejacket instead of packed away.
*edit* Just read your list. I basically have everything except for the solar panel and shock tube for towing. I use a bungee type dock line, carry my phone in a drycase etc. I also have a GPS mounted for navigation. Coincidentally, my VHS also has GPS and a return home feature. So if I lose the GPS for whatever reason, the VHF will at least give me a heading and distance to home.
Last edited by RGUN; 03-03-2015 at 02:22 PM.
03-03-2015, 09:00 PM #5
- Join Date
- Apr 2012
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By Bogger in forum 4-Tec PerformanceReplies: 1Last Post: 05-28-2014, 09:47 PM
By jetdave56 in forum Open DiscussionReplies: 6Last Post: 07-18-2010, 11:02 AM
By PPro1200 in forum Polaris Open DiscussionReplies: 3Last Post: 07-12-2010, 11:46 AM
By lakegastonrxp in forum 4-Tec PerformanceReplies: 0Last Post: 05-17-2010, 03:23 PM
By Easternpariverrunners in forum NortheastReplies: 4Last Post: 01-11-2010, 01:25 PM