New GTX 260, want to ride to Catalina but can't finish break in. Thoughts?

I just picked up a new leftover GTX Limited iS 260. Was going to take it out for her maiden voyage this past weekend but it was raining. So, I'm going to take it out for the first time this coming Saturday (March 7th) and hope to put at least 5-6 hours on it trading off with my dad. I plan on giving it a decent break in with cool downs for heat cycling, etc. I'm also going to do my best to take it out on Sunday as well (I have something in the morning) and try to get another 2-3 hours put on it, but I'm not sure I'll be able to. I'll realistically only put about 5-8 hours on the ski by the end of the weekend, if that (I recognize that it's a lot of riding time...).

That said, a riding group local to me that I just joined is planning on doing a trip out to Catalina the following Saturday (14th), and it's something I've always wanted to do. But, more than likely the ski will not have completed its 10 hour break in period by then. Would you think it would be ok to join them on the ride or should I sit it out?

Their next ride to Catalina isn't until the end of August and there is no guarantee I'll be in town (I travel a lot for work).

Thanks in advance for the input.

Lake George, NY
    Just ride it. You're overthinking it.

Dubbo Australia
    Yep just Doo it. No issues at all. Don't be too worried about getting first service smack on 10hrs either

Thread Information