Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Picked Up My Baby Today!!!!!!

Just picked up my new boat... Bimini is all installed and looks really nice.. Im very happy..

I am not really pleased with the fit and finish of the boat though... Boat came all scratched up (dealer buffed out most of it) and the hood in front of the steering wheel doesnt fit down right.. unless you remove the plastic insert that you put your Phone etc. in..

P.S. the Polk DB675s dont fit... they are atleast a half an inch bigger than the hole (now i have to figure out a way to cut them larger)

I did get the sterio installed (that was a piece of cake) i also mounted the remote differently then other on here have (i will post pics later)

Brian
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MY BOAT (800 x 600).jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	110.4 KB 
ID:	21628  

Ya, you'd be surprised some dealerships handle the boat when pulling off the cover. The scratches are from the left over adhesive that they abrubtly remove. I watched them scrape off the adhesive on my boat and had to turn the other way. Had I known what was involved with dealer prep I would have just told them pull off whatever they could on the cover, program it, and leave the rest to me. I also have a couple scratches where they installed the bimini top. Looks like they started drilling with the screw and it walked. Oh well, my fault for not bringing it to the attention of appropriate personnel. Congratulations on the new boat!

Welterracer....The boat looks great. Please let me know (and post pictures if possible) where you installed the remote for you radio.

I have an 05 Sportster SCIC, just installed a new radio, speakers, amp and 10 inch sub. I am not sure where I want to mount the remote, any suggestions appreciated!!!

Quote Originally Posted by welterracer View Post
    Just picked up my new boat... Bimini is all installed and looks really nice.. Im very happy..

I am not really pleased with the fit and finish of the boat though... Boat came all scratched up (dealer buffed out most of it) and the hood in front of the steering wheel doesnt fit down right.. unless you remove the plastic insert that you put your Phone etc. in..

P.S. the Polk DB675s dont fit... they are atleast a half an inch bigger than the hole (now i have to figure out a way to cut them larger)

I did get the sterio installed (that was a piece of cake) i also mounted the remote differently then other on here have (i will post pics later)

Brian
    I havent checked yet but if its like my jetski you can adjust the height of the striker plate so you can close it properly, the dealer is probably supposed to check all latches and things during prep but im sure they dont. I know my engine cover is gonna need a little adjustment as it doesnt close completely flush either, but it works fine otherwise.

Cool Fit and Finnish

You can ajust striker plate/latch. The question is should you? Is that not
    part of dealer prep? Having played with sea doos for 10 years now, quality
    is touchy at best. A good dealer is very rare. Many look after the details
    themselvs vs relying on dealer shop.
    For the mechanically inclined, detail work on these boats is not hard. The
    non mechanical types are dependent on the dealer shop.
    The engineering and performance of these boats is of high caliber. That is
    why we all buy them. Manufacturing quality and dealer service is variable at
    best.
    Having the shop manual for any boat you own is priceless. Even if you
    do not do your own work, an understanding of the various systems can save
    you alot of grief during the time of ownership.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie View Post
    You can ajust striker plate/latch. The question is should you? Is that not
    part of dealer prep? Having played with sea doos for 10 years now, quality
    is touchy at best. A good dealer is very rare. Many look after the details
    themselvs vs relying on dealer shop.
    For the mechanically inclined, detail work on these boats is not hard. The
    non mechanical types are dependent on the dealer shop.
    The engineering and performance of these boats is of high caliber. That is
    why we all buy them. Manufacturing quality and dealer service is variable at
    best.
    Having the shop manual for any boat you own is priceless. Even if you
    do not do your own work, an understanding of the various systems can save
    you alot of grief during the time of ownership.
    I did adjust the latch (lowered it 1/2 an inch) you get the larger compartment to seal, but only if you remove the black smaller compartment insert. If i put the insert back in, i cannot close the lid..

I might have to try filling down the plastic to make the insert fit better,,

P.S. my engine cover doenst fit for SH#T either... doesnt even come close to fitting flush... But thats not really a big deal..

See if you can ajust the post that sticks into the latch. You should be able to make it fit. Good Luck!

Quote Originally Posted by welterracer View Post

Brian

I have the same speakers and had to do the same. I used a dremel to enlarge the holes.

The screw holes should line up the same and fit perfect and tight.

Good luck

Lee

I am going to go ahead and suggest you check to make sure your grab handles are all tight, and be careful about people propping there feet against the seat cushions since the seat bottom cushions seem to be designed to break loose very easily.

Boat looks great, I picked up mine a month ago. Still have not received my bimini top plus the dealer has no idea when they will get their 07 software or when I can get a shop manual. The finish on mine is very poor also, this is my first seadoo, and i hope they put all their knowhow into the motor and engineering. Have had to take it back into the shop twice now for minor engine problems. Best of luck with yours and I can't wait to get started on some of the mods that you guys have been talking about.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information