Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 32
  1. #1

    Alternative to GP1200R Cluster?

    Hi

    My cluster has gone pop, looked inside it via the bung at the back and yep well and truely popped

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0297[1].jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	41.8 KB 
ID:	352758

    Parts of the board black and burnt out

    GP1200R Clusters are rarer than Rocking Horse sh*t , and in England everyone prices them like they are made of Gold !

    So : is there a way that by using other parts, I can fashion a cluster , like a Tacho for RPM , Calibratable Fuel Gauge and temp gauge ?

    ta


  2. #2
    powerstroke specialist mikegp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,529
    +1
    190
    sure you can on a 1200r , but by the time you finish wiring all that plus the cost of the new gauges the oem gauge will be cheaper. check on ebay, they are not longer that expensive.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    17
    +1
    2
    Hi there.

    I was in the same situation and so I decided to do my own thing.

    Attached a picture of it but its not 100% finish. I'm going to Add a waterproof face to go over all the gauges.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-2015-03-091.jpg 
Views:	167 
Size:	260.4 KB 
ID:	353085  


  4. #4
    04gtxsc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    3,090
    +1
    197
    Quote Originally Posted by YFZR750 View Post
    Hi there.

    I was in the same situation and so I decided to do my own thing.

    Attached a picture of it but its not 100% finish. I'm going to Add a waterproof face to go over all the gauges.
    That is slick. Just a side note most everybody like the digital gauge for the tach would it be too hard to put a digital gauge in place of the analog? Might be more expensive but most of us have an add on tach anyway. I would like to do something like this for my 1300r.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    17
    +1
    2
    It uses very common 52mm (2 inch) automotive gauges. The manufacture of these gauges do make the digital, they are a bit more expensive but I prefer looking at a needle!

    A digital would also be better for the bouncing/vibration due to not having any moving parts inside it.

    The main thing is to waterproof it well.

    Cost me around $75 for all 3 gauges. And I wired it up myself and they work well.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Central North Carolina
    Posts
    3,846
    +1
    527
    Contact a guy named crashhard on the fouum via PM he usualy has used parts for sale like that. Tommy Jordan

  7. #7
    04gtxsc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    3,090
    +1
    197
    Quote Originally Posted by YFZR750 View Post
    It uses very common 52mm (2 inch) automotive gauges. The manufacture of these gauges do make the digital, they are a bit more expensive but I prefer looking at a needle!

    A digital would also be better for the bouncing/vibration due to not having any moving parts inside it.

    The main thing is to waterproof it well.

    Cost me around $75 for all 3 gauges. And I wired it up myself and they work well.
    Would you share the build info? I would be interested in doing something like this for my ski also.

  8. #8
    dan725's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    northeast ohio
    Posts
    267
    I have a 2001 gp1200r gauge cluster? pm me if interested.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    17
    +1
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by 04gtxsc View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by YFZR750 View Post
    It uses very common 52mm (2 inch) automotive gauges. The manufacture of these gauges do make the digital, they are a bit more expensive but I prefer looking at a needle!

    A digital would also be better for the bouncing/vibration due to not having any moving parts inside it.

    The main thing is to waterproof it well.

    Cost me around $75 for all 3 gauges. And I wired it up myself and they work well.
    Would you share the build info? I would be interested in doing something like this for my ski also.
    Should not be a problem. Pm me your email then I can tell you everything you want to know. As I would not like to take over the thread.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by YFZR750 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 04gtxsc View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by YFZR750 View Post
    It uses very common 52mm (2 inch) automotive gauges. The manufacture of these gauges do make the digital, they are a bit more expensive but I prefer looking at a needle!

    A digital would also be better for the bouncing/vibration due to not having any moving parts inside it.

    The main thing is to waterproof it well.

    Cost me around $75 for all 3 gauges. And I wired it up myself and they work well.
    Would you share the build info? I would be interested in doing something like this for my ski also.
    Should not be a problem. Pm me your email then I can tell you everything you want to know. As I would not like to take over the thread.
    Feel free to take over the thread mate , currently toying with making my own with a Arduino and LCD display.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. STEP by STEP - One alternative to building a fast rec ski.
    By philip_gpr in forum Yamaha How To & FAQs
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 12-11-2016, 06:10 PM
  2. Are there alternatives to the the stock display on gp1200r?
    By Dirty Mick in forum Yamaha ECU Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-09-2016, 09:26 AM
  3. Alternative to Siphon??
    By Goliath in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-29-2008, 03:54 PM
  4. My alternative to my GPR's
    By jetskr in forum Yamaha Open Discussion
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-31-2008, 07:22 PM
  5. Alternative to Ram Air Induction...
    By kristylynn9598 in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-23-2007, 10:15 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •