Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

14 PX seat tearing, and the dealers solution...

My 14 PX developed 2 very small holes on both sides of the seat near the ergo lock area before I hit 40 hours. Currently at 78.
    My dealer looked at seat, and determined that the somewhat jagged edges on the storage bin caused it.

I was outside looking at the ski with them. After we all went back inside he sent those pics to Seadoo. I went to put the seat back on and those points on the storage bin are no where near the holes, and definitely didn't cause it. You can see the holes when the seat is on the ski. Those points they are blaming aren't visible ,and probably, an inch away from the holes.

Seadoo sent a new seat, and bin, and they want to replace both which to me is ridiculous. They say they have to take apart the steering, and that my PX will be the first unit they do this to.

I just want to swap the seat, and be done, but I don't think they will allow this. Replacing the bin will just open a window for errors as well as possible scratches on the Ski.

What would y'all do? I may just tell them to forget it.
    Last edited by abmobil; 03-04-2015 at 10:02 PM.

If i knew,...I wouldn't ask sea-one's Avatar
    +1
    Forget it imo

+1
    That's nothing-I would call that normal wear and tear. On my '14 RXT the seat cover is pulling out at the seams and the staples on the back are cutting into the body but I'm not concerned. The seat hinge has also broken but I don't care because the part is only $25 and I can do the repair myself. I'm as particular about the condition of my machines as you appear to be but I have 112 hours of problem free riding on this boat. My expectations are probably a little lower because the entire hull was shot on the Yamaha I previously owned with only 250 hours of use.

Normal wear and tear before 40 hours? I
    dont think so. My 540 hour Honda seat is perfect.

6. +1 by:

+1
    sand or nicely cut the plastic for clearance (.25" should do the trick) and replace the seat or use your current seat as is. The clearancing will prevent further damage or prevent damage to the new seat. I would not have the dealer take ANYTHING apart aside from removing the seat and handing you a NEW 1.

+1
    Have them give you the seat cover to replace at a later date..
    Wear it out then replace it with a new 1.
    Just my .02

+1
    I was expecting pictures of a nice PX with black duct tape on the seat cover.

If i knew,...I wouldn't ask sea-one's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by wotxxxsd View Post
    Have them give you the seat cover to replace at a later date..
    Wear it out then replace it with a new 1.
    Just my .02
    BRP requires the old warranty part to be labeled and kept by the dealer in case they it becomes a liability problem exists later so he wouldn't Just Get a cover and save it for later, doesn't work like that....

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    I was expecting pictures of a nice PX with black duct tape on the seat cover.
    It is a very well maintained machine, and I did nothing to cause the rip. It's a good thing they agreed to replace but the source of the rip is not from the storage bin. I do not want them dismantling my ski for nothing.

Last edited by abmobil; 03-07-2015 at 01:41 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information