+1

Not hooking up on low revs rxpx 260

Hi guys ,, just checking on if this is a normal prop thing or maybe need a new one ,,, feels like it's sliping on low revs , between 3 -4 ,, , sometimes won't pick up till 6 rpm ,,, going through no wash zone , grabs and pulls then feels like it's sliping , then grabs again , , wear ring was just replaced , but prop still standard , , , still pulls fine high in revs , gets top speed , goes great in sport mode ,,, but what could cause this slight feel of it slipping ,,,, even when you full throttle it from slow 10 kmph , once it's going you wouldn't notice ,

+1
    Sounds like you maybe the pump seal is leaking air or you have some physical damage somewhere. I'd first check to makes sure everything looks good by looking up through your intake grate, make sure you don't have something wrapped up around your shaft, no damage to your impeller/pump area. Most likely you need to pull the pump and inspect the pump seal, impeller,wear ring clearance.

R&D makes a nice replacement for the pump seal that you can get on the store that a lot of us run;

http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...oducts_id=2295

The stock seal is easily buggered when installing the pump unless your real careful. I suspect that is your problem if you just had your ring replaced, unless you have some physical damage to the pump or impeller.

+1
    Thanks bro , I'm a bit pissed , because it had a new motor put in , 3 hrs later , stick in prop , and all engine mounts were broken , suppost to be changed with new motor , but that would have caused wear on carbon seal , then they put new wear ring in and old prop bAck on , now 5 hrs later this is starting to go ,,, should have just bought a brand new one

+1
    Found the issue , small crack in the seal that is attached to hull ,, changed carbon seal just for piece of mind as well, ,,, , just silicone this crack up And it seams to have done the trick till my part comes in ,got full 112 kmph and smooth pick up all the way ,,IMG_9830.PNG
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	74.1 KB 
ID:	353517  

+1
    This seal looks like it is stuck on with sicaflex , or sealant or silicone , how do you replace this seal ?, are there any bolts from inside hull , or do u remove it and re glue it
    rxpx260??

+1
    Holy shit man, you pump shoe is cracked. The rubber seal sits between that and the pump.

+1
    That doesn't look easy or fun at all. Did you suck up a rock or debri to have enough vibration to crack it?

+1
    Copped a stick in impeller , out in 9 ft swell ,,, thought I was going to die , pulled accelerator herd a knock , and , nothing 5 kmph all the way back through heads , ,, the mechanic changed wear ring , but didn't tell me about the pump shoe ,, I felt something wrong and you guys told me to inspect it ,, thanks ,,, how hard are they to change guys , are they just glued on????

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisf View Post
    Copped a stick in impeller , out in 9 ft swell ,,, thought I was going to die , pulled accelerator herd a knock , and , nothing 5 kmph all the way back through heads , ,, the mechanic changed wear ring , but didn't tell me about the pump shoe ,, I felt something wrong and you guys told me to inspect it ,, thanks ,,, how hard are they to change guys , are they just glued on????
    The studs that the pump bolts to go through the hull and are secured with washers and nuts. You need to undo those, remove intake grate and ride plate. Disconnect steering cable. Then yeah its just glued on.
    Its a bit of a job.

Thread Information