Do newer skis come from the factory with water evacuation system?

I see all these threads about adding a bilge pump to the newer skis. Do none of these skis have any sort of water evacuation abilities from the factory? I know our old 96 XP did, if I remember right.

I just got a 2013 GTX Limited 260. Taking her out for her maiden voyage tomorrow. Does my ski have any sort of water evacuation abilities or no? I'll honestly be kind of annoyed if they included all this stuff like safety kits, glove box organizers, covers, depth finders, etc. but no bloody way of clearing the hull of water without buying an additional part.

Thanks

Revo

+1
    Yes, there are bailers located in the bilge but they only draw water when the boat is in motion. The problem comes when the engine fails but there's still a breach in the hull somewhere. The reason a manufacturer doesn't install a powered pump is to reduce their cost of manufacturing.

Once you pop off an exhaust coupler you wont want to ride the ski without a bilge pump . Cheap insurance

Banned User
    +1
    15,000 dollars for these things and they can't put a bilge pump in them? What a complete crock.

+1
    You can get a Rule 800gph and an install kit for under $60. IMO, that's cheap insurance.

...or here is a complete Atwood kit for under $50

http://www.amazon.com/Attwood-Corpor...=bilge+install

+1
    I always get the ones that have a auto float switch. So when the time comes and the water is rushing in the hull the float automatically turns on because if you have to flip a switch it may be to late.

If i knew,...I wouldn't ask sea-one's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Water4fire View Post
    I always get the ones that have a auto float switch. So when the time comes and the water is rushing in the hull the float automatically turns on because if you have to flip a switch it may be to late.
    We think alike...

I prefer water sensor versions so that the float does not get gunked up or damaged from the constant pounding. I have twin 650GPH Whale pumps which are self priming.

I like to have a three way switch. On/off/auto. Then I can flip to on, hear it's working ok, then flick to Auto.

Biggest risks are exhaust and carbon ring (there are others & a hole in the hull), but if you get a problem it can be a big problem very quickly. Make sure you have a good volume capacity pump. I also wired mine direct to the battery (fused of course), but on completely separate circuits. Then I'm sure at least one will always work.

Feels very nice when you're 10 miles off shore.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by tornado34 View Post
    I prefer water sensor versions so that the float does not get gunked up or damaged from the constant pounding. I have twin 650GPH Whale pumps which are self priming.

I like to have a three way switch. On/off/auto. Then I can flip to on, hear it's working ok, then flick to Auto.

Biggest risks are exhaust and carbon ring (there are others & a hole in the hull), but if you get a problem it can be a big problem very quickly. Make sure you have a good volume capacity pump. I also wired mine direct to the battery (fused of course), but on completely separate circuits. Then I'm sure at least one will always work.

Feels very nice when you're 10 miles off shore.
    How does the water sensor version work? Isn't it looking for current every 30seconds? Wait 30seconds with a carbon seal leak and see what happens!
    Or is it a sensor that is actually instant?

+1
    Murphy´s Law is always watching you.
    I decided also two pumps with complete seperate circuits to batterie. And a 3-way switch.
    The "Whale650" has a sensor that is actually instant - the "Rule500 Mate electronic" is the same technique.
    There is another "Rule500" - the most common used pump - this one run for 1sek every 30sec to look if there is any water around. The power consumption in standby over night - for example - is in both versions nearly the same (rule500 / Whale650) .

Thread Information