Seadoo RXP-X 260 RS 2013 model engine stator main wire socket burn down! urgent!!

Hi, everybody

My Seadoo RXP-xX 260 RS 2013 year model has meet the below problem ,

on the engine stator come out 3 yellow wire join with thmain wire socket area ! When i start the engine ! The main wire male socket tempature become very hot
    , and after running few hours , the yellow wire burn down !can somebody tell me what happen and how to solve this problem?? Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2981.jpg 
Views:	306 
Size:	65.5 KB 
ID:	352946Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2979.jpg 
Views:	169 
Size:	48.0 KB 
ID:	352947Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2980.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	50.1 KB 
ID:	352948

+1
    Not sure if this is helpful but you never know...

I once owned an Aprilia motorcycle with a ROTAX 1000cc V twin engine. These engines had the same stator charging set up as our seadoo's. They often suffered from burnt out stators as a result of aprilia fitting a different magnet cup (the rotating part on the flywheel) which over charged the system. This lead to the same three melted wires and melted plastic connector as what you have. They also suffered from regulator rectifier problems which also led to melted wires and plastic connectors.

Do you know what voltage your stator is pumping out??
    Is the regulator rectifier ok??

Pete

I think I have the exact same issue. I wish people would come back to let everyone know if they fixed their issue.

+1
    This just happened to a friends 2012 GTR 215 we cut the wires back about 1.5" and installed a new connector body and pins. Only the female pin connector was damaged the male connector was still good. It took 5 years and 200hrs for this to fail so we are good for another 5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    This just happened to a friends 2012 GTR 215 we cut the wires back about 1.5" and installed a new connector body and pins. Only the female pin connector was damaged the male connector was still good. It took 5 years and 200hrs for this to fail so we are good for another 5 years.
    Good to know. So no other damage? Was it still running?

+1
    Not too unusual really. In the cases I've seen/heard, its caused by high RPM or slight corrosion getting past the rubber 3-wire seal into the crimped only connector. I soldered a whole new 3-wire Deutsch DT connector/pins. My now soldered connector has been perfect since.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    Only the female pin connector was damaged the male connector was still good. It took 5 years and 200hrs for this to fail so we are good for another 5 years.
    Funny because looking at my logs, mine also failed at 200hrs...but took 18 months for it to happen. I have twice that now and it looks mint.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5994.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	39.3 KB 
ID:	417401   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5736.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	93.2 KB 
ID:	417402  

+1
    low battery and bad voltage regulator i see it happen a lot

Quote Originally Posted by Sanfish View Post
    Not too unusual really. In the cases I've seen/heard, its caused by high RPM or slight corrosion getting past the rubber 3-wire seal into the crimped only connector. I soldered a whole new 3-wire Deutsch DT connector/pins. My now soldered connector has been perfect since.

Funny because looking at my logs, mine also failed at 200hrs...but took 18 months for it to happen. I have twice that now and it looks mint.
    You remember the part number for the deutsch pins?

Thread Information