+1

Cannot get driveshaft back in

Hi, I'm trying to re install my driveshaft and it won't get past the the rubber boot, bearing assembly. It's not able to push past the rubber O rings. Is there a special tool to press this in? It won't even budge forward when I put alot of force on it. I can get the splines to match up but it needs to still slide another half inch or so. Any suggestions? This is on an 07 gtx wake.

+1
    is the rubber cap stuck inside the crankshaft from the end of the driveshaft? It should be on the end of your driveshaft

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by toxicgun View Post
    is the rubber cap stuck inside the crankshaft from the end of the driveshaft? It should be on the end of your driveshaft
    Yes it's still stuck to the end of the shaft

Pull it back out and stick your finger into the PTO to check to see if the plastic piece inside did not break.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 8 is enough View Post
    Pull it back out and stick your finger into the PTO to check to see if the plastic piece inside did not break.
    I've tried sliding the drive shaft in without the rubber bellows bearing assembly installed and it goes in properly just fine. So it's getting hung up on the rubber O rings in the bearing assembly. It is an aftermarket SBT part. Maybe thats the issue? It's brand new. My old Seadoo part that failed slides on the shaft easy but its most likely worn out thats why it was leaking oil.

i usually grab it and lift the inner (front) side up to square it up to the shaft and slide on, or get someone to lift the shaft centered to the shoe.
    best is the shaft holder tool, centers it and holds it while doing the c-clip

+1
    Take the bearing assembly off and try to put it on the shaft outside the hull. You'll get a better view of whats happening.

8. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ou812 View Post
    Take the bearing assembly off and try to put it on the shaft outside the hull. You'll get a better view of whats happening.
    Yeah that's what I did before and it wasn't going on. Turns out it was the grease preventing it from going on. I put syn marine grease on the shaft where the bearing assy slides over. With the grease on it wouldn't budge but when I cleaned it all off it slid on firmly.

Thread Information