Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Slxh 1050

colinw

Slxh 1050

so last summer i took on a bunch of water and to get it out i removed plugs ran the starter to get the water out. Well now we have no run. You can hear the solenoid click but we get no turn. I disconnected the solenoid and tried to bypass it and give power to the starter so i can bench test but still nothing. So do we need to replace starter?? and if so how the hell am i sappose to get at it?? Any help would be great.

Welcome the the HULK!!!!
    Did you get it started last year after the water? If not then your cyclinders are probley full of rust. I would pull off the domes and check the cyclinder walls for rust, and make sure that you do not have a cracked piston or a bent rod.

+1
    It's late and I'm foggy, but have you pulled the driveshaft coupler cover to see if it (the motor) turns over by hand? If your motor is locked up, or pump for that matter, no starter in the world will turn it over. Easy check... first things first. If it sat with water in it, make sure the motor is even "free" first.

colinw
    yeah i guess there could be rust, and no i did not check to see if it turns by hand. So start pulling it aart? are there any gaskets or anything?

+1
    First see if it turns by hand, then go from there.

Like crazy said. You can remove the driveshaft gaurd and see if you can turn it over by hand. If you cannot then you have an engine problem or a stator bearing problem. If you can turn it over by hand the check the battery wires. Let us know what you find. I hope it is corrision on a wire and not an engine problem. Though if you have some basic mechanical knowadge then doing a rebuild on it is a peice of cake. Just let us know.

R

I assume you have checked your battery and all connections to make sure you have proper voltage. My starter did that on the water one day after 5 or 6 previous starts and all it was, was a cell in my battery went belly up.

colinw
    well i do have some mechanical skills but lets just say they are from me tearing apart go karts, dirtbikes and atv's as a kid. So what i did and excuse me for not knowing the proper terms but i took off the cylinder heads and tried to move pistons by hand and i got nothing so im sure its locked up. i also used a rubber mallet on the head and got a piston to just open up past the exhaust. I have a book for reference so if i have to pull it apart im sure i can do it. but my big question is, are there parts still available for the rebuild? what is exactly needed for the rebuild and if i have the thing opened up is there any way to get more power out of the machine. and to let you know, i understand how an engine works how to use my tools and all that stuff but in no way am i a professional. I really do not want to take this in especially since i got it for a 1000$ To dump money into it is not worth it for me. But of course if i can get a lil more power in it im willing to spend. I was only trying to get it to run so i can sell it.

I guess this will let you know where i am with the machine and my intentions. Any help you guys could give would be great. and if anyone is in the Chicago area, hit me up!! I could use a set of hands for a case or 2 of beer and some bbq!

Colin

Here is a link for a rebuild kit. If you search you will find more. You will probley need oversized and will need to get the cyclinders bored. Do you have any pics? That would make it eaiser for us to see what shape everything is in. You can even rebuild it in the ski without removing the engine as long as the crank is OK. Just let us know.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/POLAR...QQcmdZViewItem
    R

+1

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information