+1

Question NewBattery:DeadBattery

So I picked up a 2014 VXR in late August. I went out to start it yesterday and had no luck at all.

In December I took the battery out (New Lead Acid from the dealer) and put it on a trickle charge. The trickle charge did its thing like normal and showed the correct lights.

Yesterday I took it off and plugged it into the ski. I then tried to start it and nothing. Barely even a green light on the console. When I connected a battery charger, that was enough juice to bring the console up and I could see it was working. But the boat never started. I left it to charge for about 2 hours and still nothing. I was able to get the ski to have the starter click though.

I took the battery out and over to AutoZone where they told me the battery was dead, or it needed to be charged (after charging it for 2 hours).

What are your guy's recommendtions? Im thinking I need a new battery, but after only 11 hours and 1 barely half season I am kinda miffed the battery is bad already. Should I hit the dealer up? Dealer warrenty on the battery for a year? Should I go with a new battery and say screw the dealer (after asking for a new one?) Lead Acid or AGM? What Brand?

Thanks,
    James

+1
    It may just be a bad battery to begin with. Do you have access to another ski that you could borrow the battery and try?

+1
    I wish I did, I am sure the SKI is fine really, but the battery yea no prob.

+1
    sounds like it was just a bad battery to begin with. def hit up the dealer and see what they can do. if they are not helpful get a sealed one.

http://shop.batterymart.com/batteries/Deka-Ext30l

That is prolly the most recommended battery.

Did you look at the fuse? It's in the little round looking thing on the stb side by the ecm. (30amp)

Thread Information