+1

Theoretical Racing!

I am lookingfor a little input from you guys regarding a "Theoretical" scenario. Sayfor instance you had a 2013 RXT-X 260 and you were given the option of any orall of the following upgrades from a stock ski. What specific products and whatspecific combination would you go with to get the most out of the ski? Whattype of improvements would I see from your choices?

Prop:
    Any

Grate:
    Any

Sponsons:
    Any

ECU:
    Only Riva SCOMor R&D Boost Box
    (*I know, Iknow, I know go straight to the V-Tech, save your money, etcÖ.. But we arefunctioning in the Theoretical only with this scenario)

*Ski already has aftermarket seatcover and grips

Okay, from myresearch on the scenario I can say right off the bat I would upgrade the Grate,but I am not sure if the R&D or the Riva grate would be best though, so Iam interested in hearing the input based on the other options you choose. Asfar as a prop goes, I really donít know. I am assuming that a Solas 14/19 willbe more efficient, but at what cost to the rest of the performance? Sponsonsagain I am up in the air on, so I am looking for input based on the otherproducts and benefits. And regards to the ECU modules, in this scenario if oneof them would allow me to squeeze a few more mph or quicker acceleration out ofthe ski it would be worth it in my opinion, but again everywhere I lookeveryone goes right to the V-tech argument and there isnít a lot of hard factsregarding either product in a true before and after.

+1
    Mods are worthless without a reflash or stand alone ECU. Most of run the R&D grate and happy with it including myself. The stock prop would be best in this "theoretical" situation. The stock sponsons are really good stock but I really like the looks and handling of my Riva ones. Gus's thread had some before and after SCOM results but quickly went with V-tech.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by VXRslayer21 View Post
    The stock sponsons are really good stock but I really like the looks and handling of my Riva ones.
    What handling improvements will be seen with the T-X and the Riva sponsons? I have seen a lot of info on the P-X, but the T-X in my experience is a completely different machine to handle. I also see the Riva sponsons have another level of adjustablity, is this something that you have seen good results with?

Thanks for the input!

+1
    what is your main goal, top speed or handling? i can tell you for a fact that the r and d grate will be the fastest.

+1
    May be in my head but I feel a slight difference in the bite. The added adjustability and adjustable wing is nice too but I mainly bought them for looks. I wish I could give you a better review of them but shitty Texas winter weather lately.

6. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Branden View Post
    what is your main goal, top speed or handling? i can tell you for a fact that the r and d grate will be the fastest.
    Basically, the reasoning behind my question is that I was watching some P1 Aqua X racing online and I noticed that there was somehow a very large difference between the speed of equal or the same type of skis's, and I did not understand how this was possible with only these couple of modifications. I thought perhaps there was something I was missing when combining these in a certain manner that would allow for a dramatic difference when apples to apples.

Must be some of that "Secret Racing Know-How"

+1
    Yep, it's that Secret Racing Knowhow. And the secret hand shake helps. LOL. Remember, P1 Aqua X racing prides itself on completely stock same -like skis .... and pigs really do fly don't ya know

9. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by OzarkYamMonster View Post
    Remember, P1 Aqua X racing prides itself on completely stock same -like skis
    That is what was attracting me to the sport, and exactly why I was confused by differentiation

+1
    Nevermind on the "Theoretical" setup. I was informed yesterday after doing some research that only the RXP-X 260 is allowed to use the SCOM or R&D Boost Box, but the RXT-X 260 is not in AquaX. I am not sure if I understand this, perhaps someone on here can enlighten me on the reasoning.

Thread Information