relocate oil fog port on 310?

Has anyone relocated the little port to spay the fog oil in the supercharger? I just think it is kinda dumb to have to pull the seats off to access the port to spray the fog oil if they recommend doing it after each ride. It would be easier to just open the little storage compartment or something to do it. I may move mine somewhere else? Anyone else done this?

+1
    Is yours in the same location as mine under the seat up front?

Yep... Under the front seat.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Pigpenracing View Post
    Has anyone relocated the little port to spay the fog oil in the supercharger? I just think it is kinda dumb to have to pull the seats off to access the port to spray the fog oil if they recommend doing it after each ride. It would be easier to just open the little storage compartment or something to do it. I may move mine somewhere else? Anyone else done this?
    Ha Ha!
    If pulling the seat after every ride is to big of a job for you, maybe you should consider riding something else then a supercharged ski.
    Post ride maintnance is more then just fogging the SC, if you don't want premature problem you need to do your post ride maint properlly

Quote Originally Posted by brisyl View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pigpenracing View Post
    Ha Ha!
    If pulling the seat after every ride is to big of a job for you, maybe you should consider riding something else then a supercharged ski.
    Post ride maintnance is more then just fogging the SC, if you don't want premature problem you need to do your post ride maint properlly
    Yep... Maybe I will just ride my supercharged airplane....
    No problem doing maintenance or pulling the seat. I just think as soon as I pull it out of the water I can crank it, flip up the little compartment where the key goes and fog it there, dry it off and go home.
    I just thought that was a stupid place for Kawasaki to put the fog port. Everything else looks top notch though.

+1
    in the small compartment, you can end up with a mess over your items

+1
    wow surely you cant be serious!!! is it so hard to lift the seat? i would be more concerned of not washing inside the hull after a ride unless you ride fresh water only, but then you wouldnt even need to fog nearly as much and the seat issue would be irrelevant..

8. +1 by:

Not hard at all to lift the seat. Just thought they put the port in a dumb spot is all.
    I will fog it each ride and it is fresh water. The supercharger moves enough air to get rid of that oil each ride. If you don't fog it each ride why even do it at all????

I would just leave it where it is. It is in the right place (nothing can knock that little rubber cap off). After a ride when back on land, I always pop my seat off anyway for a cursory inspection inside the Hull . . . you want to look for anything unusual or out of place (very likely things will always be on good order.

But is is always good to check anyway. When the seat's off give it a hit of fog. JB

11. +1 by:

+1
    the caps do get knocked off during a scrub though and in rough going the barb falls out of the rubber grommet in the intake so sometimes you think you are fogging but actually lubing the inside of your hull lol

Thread Information