Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

VX110 Sport Hours too high?

Have a guy that has a 2006 VX110 Sport. He bought it for himself and his wife. She hated it. He took it out once. Then it sat for a year, now its up for sale. About a 3 hr drive from my place. Haven't seen it yet, just pics and phone conversations.

He knows the original owner and the history of the Ski. I asked how many hours, he says 758, what . That a Florida Rental?

He says no way he put that many on the ski. He says possible the key was left on and ran the hours up (?) He even went and talked to the Original Owner about the 758 hours. He says it's not possible. I don't think someone could make this up, unless he is not telling the whole truth, or he is as baffled as I currently am. If you own a Ski with high hours, you really can't hide it or even try to pull the wool on someone.

Pics look clean, few faded decals and seat. But looks clean overall. Hull in good shape, engine is clean. No salt water dipping. So, how do you verify? At first I thought, you mean its 75.9 hours. Nope, starts the ski up on the phone, checks the hours meter, sure enuff, 758.9 hours.

Has this happened to ski's before, where some unknown glitch causes the Hours Meter to ramp up? I get a chance to see it Friday, just not sure what to expect. I hope it's a common error, but who knows if its really 758 hours or 75 ...

+1
    I have 215hrs on a 2012 so it's not impossible. It breaks down to about 75hrs a year assuming he started riding it in 2006.

+1
    The ski will not accumulate hours unless it is running. Thats BS

4. +1 by:

+1
    The guy never owned a Jet Ski, this was his first. He's a boat guy and I don't think he really would know what a Grate is if you showed him. But I have a feeling it was used before him as Rental, or just high in hours. Then got bought by his friend and sold to him. I was hoping it was just a glitch. I wonder if the Dash got changed out and the previous owner(s) had no idea? Or is this a big bluff? He really didn't sell the idea it was high on hours, but was baffled it read 758. Go figure...argh!

+1
    If the ski has 700 odd rental hours you will see it on the hull
    Unless it has had repaint

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by fx160 View Post
    If the ski has 700 odd rental hours you will see it on the hull
    Unless it has had repaint
    Won't be able to see the hull unless I drive up there, 3 hrs away. He did say it was in great shape. Thing about being up here in the far NW corner of the USA, jet skis go for 20% higher. Something in Florida, Texas or Cal., like a 2005 FX HO would sell for around $4000. Up here they try to sell them for $6000.

Think I will go in the trucking biz. Get to Florida buy all the low priced FX's then sell them up here for a $2000 profit each. It's really hard to find the good stuff up here. Beat up abused Ski's. Ridden hard and put away wet by every teenaged dreamer. When a good one does come by and with a great price, it doesn't last. I thought about buying from California (800 miles South) and having it shipped to Wa State.

Patience.

+1
    I have a slight mismatch of ECU hours to dash hours, about 5 hrs, which is roughly when it went for warranty repaint. The ECU has the lower number. Yamaha Australia have looked at a few that have the issue, and are beginning to think that during the long time the battery is out during repaint the ECU is losing track of the hours, as the dash is retaining the correct value, though they are not sure and are still investigating. No other issues with running (it's going hard and sweet!) and the offset can only be seen with YDS...

Not the exactly same problem Lastcat mentions, but thought I'd point out the electronics can have issues with tracking hours in certain circumstances...

Maybe I'm out of line with this but could it possibly be 75.8 hours?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Neofitz View Post
    Maybe I'm out of line with this but could it possibly be 75.8 hours?
    That's what I thought at first. But the guy started the Ski while I was on the phone. He checked the hours, it was 758.9. Think it was well known, he just wanted to dump the Ski. Thanks for the help. I called him back and said no way, not even going to have a look. On to the next one.

+1
    Lastcat,

Come on down and get this one..... 32.5 hours....not 325 hours
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...61#post2520061

Might help with a discount for gas?????

I also have a 2011 VX Cruiser with about 40 hours, no trailer. going for $5000

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information