Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Supercharger 200 hour and the book?

So, on here everyone says rebuild the SC at 100 hours OR every 2 years. In my book it states 200 hours irrespective of the number of years ( Meaning 200 hours regardless the years ). My ski is a 2014. Is this something on older skis ( 100 hours and 2 years ) ? And why?

+1
    Most say the 200hour change was simply from a PR perspective and the parts are all still the same. The clutches may last 200 hours...but the most questionable part is the bearings and if they fail...they could ruin your engine in a hurry. It's up to you and your call....the folks on here are very knowledgeable what the guys are doing is to try to avoid you from having to deal with warranty work. It's your ski....but your here and see these guys have been doing this for quite some time. They have nothing vested in if you do or don't.....it's advise ...

+1
    Clint Eastwood said it best in Dirty Harry, "How lucky do you feel?"

200 hours is a lot of years (3-5) of use and abuse.

There is a tremendous amount of talent and expertise on this forum and most will advise you to maintain your equipment, inspect the SC slip 1-2 times per season and rebuild it completely every 100 hours (1-2 seasons).

It costs under $400 to rebuild a SC completely and is cheap insurance to what can be a $3000-4000 repair job if the SC bearings fail.

The other saying that comes to mind, is "pay me now or pay me later".

I own 2014 RXPX! I'm at 151 hours ,and it's been great so far. I had no major issues or problems. I am still on stock supercharger (no rebuilt yet)! I will send in my ski to dealer for rebuilt when I get close to 190hrs.

Ok, so it is not just a "newer" model thing. I trust that the guys know, I just dont understand why it would have such a drastic difference in the book if it would just amount to more warranty work and money out of their pocket?

+1
    Well for Seadoo vs Yamaha...the seadoo has more or appears to be more hourly operating costs it seems which hurts sales. They "seadoo" some feel changed this to counter act the negative vibe when Owners look at it and say wow...every 100 hours this has to happen?? See the point? 100 hours is pretty much a thing most bank on for safety ....nothing more nothing less. If you don't and follow the 200 hours...then it's your unit and your call.

What's the supercharger rebuild time for Yamaha? Why would it be any different?

Work: GTA ------------ ----------------- Play: Georgian Bay
    +1
    Mine is under warranty until 2017 so I'll go ahead with their 200hr interval until then, but I will say that mine failed at 66hours of the easiest use I can imagine.

If i knew,...I wouldn't ask sea-one's Avatar
    +1
    OK, Lets us know what hours your at when you WORK on it....waiting

+1
    It also depends how you ride it. If you ride it real hard and you come unhooked regularly, have mods, etc., then 100 hours is highly advised. Check your slip every season. If it's good and you don't ride that hard, then you should be OK with the 200 hours mark. Although you will read that BRP has pulled a PR stunt with the 200 hours, they (BRP) would not have recommended it without some good basis. True, members here are very knowledgeable, but generally speaking they are not your "average" rider - sorry guys! I am part of a fairly big riding club and members have not reported any issues.

11. +1 by:

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information