Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

SVHO Cooling Question

So as I start modding and flashing my FZR it becomes pretty unanimous that some type of cooling mod needs to be performed. How necessary is this? The several kits I know about require, for the most part, drilling a hole through the hull and tapping into the pump strainer to supply more water to the engine and other components.

Is this the only way? Are there other types of cooling mods that will work without drilling into the hull?

Can the pump strainer and passages in the pump be drilled larger or opened up to supply the volume of water needed to keep this beast cool? I would like to be able to return this ski to stock without any evidence that any things been modified. Thanks for the help.

+1
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...oducts_id=2586

Here is your simplest for just slightly better cooling

+1
    If you really want better cooling you will need to add another pisser to decrease the pressure that will build up as you increase the water intake. Adding the extra flow from a strainer is simple Riva & R&D both have strainers that bolt on to add additional flow. How you route the extra flow is up to you but you need to then get it out of the hull. The kits come with one and directions but you can basically add one where ever you want.

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    I used the syphon tube hook up on the transom of course I modded my bilge pump and deleted the syphon

SVHO Cooling Question

Quote Originally Posted by SilentShooter View Post
    If you really want better cooling you will need to add another pisser to decrease the pressure that will build up as you increase the water intake. Adding the extra flow from a strainer is simple Riva & R&D both have strainers that bolt on to add additional flow. How you route the extra flow is up to you but you need to then get it out of the hull. The kits come with one and directions but you can basically add one where ever you want.
    Hey you know the svho Riva stage 2 cooling doesn't have an added pisser. It actually gets rid of the oem dual pisser and the ski only has one on the oil cooler side. The water exiting the intercooler gets routed to the oil cooler.

Don't really understand where the extra is being released.

+1
    Did not know that as I do not have the riva setup. Water pressure must be much higher with the riva setup, maybe the riva IC likes higher pressures.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentShooter View Post
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...oducts_id=2586

Here is your simplest for just slightly better cooling
    Yes, I have done this one but fear it won't be enough after the flash.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeyDFZS View Post
    I used the syphon tube hook up on the transom of course I modded my bilge pump and deleted the syphon
    Yes, I do like this idea. Is the siphon necessary with a bilge pump? I don't think my Seadoo had either?

+1

SVHO Cooling Question

Last edited by samy-gti; 03-14-2015 at 03:30 AM.

+1
    There is a thread I posted some detailed information on my cooling mods. I did not drill additional line thru hull. You can pm me and I'll give you my number to go thru it with you if you desire.

Quote Originally Posted by Got Water! View Post
    So as I start modding and flashing my FZR it becomes pretty unanimous that some type of cooling mod needs to be performed. How necessary is this? The several kits I know about require, for the most part, drilling a hole through the hull and tapping into the pump strainer to supply more water to the engine and other components.

Is this the only way? Are there other types of cooling mods that will work without drilling into the hull?

Can the pump strainer and passages in the pump be drilled larger or opened up to supply the volume of water needed to keep this beast cool? I would like to be able to return this ski to stock without any evidence that any things been modified. Thanks for the help.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information