+1

Talking 07 RXP ride plate question

I have an 07 RXP, my intake grate bolts stripped a while ago, re epoxied them and then got an R&D grate with girdle.. Now I have a stripped bolt on top of the ride plate, just noticed it when I was attempting to re seal them all from leaking coolant.. That being said, I am fed up with the ride plate and just want to purchase a new one..

could I purchase a new 2011 rxpx ride plate and would it bolt right up? I understand the newer ride plates had all 3 intake grate bolts bolt to the plate, eliminating the hull inserts and all.. Would love to hear from someone who has done the swap, thank you

TJ

+1
    Greenbullet did this mod. Needs a little tlc to fit but worked.

+1
    I just got a good deal on a brand new 07 one so I'll just be sticking with the original design.. If my inserts are stripped again ill re-epoxy them in, I'm running the r&d grate with girdle anyway.. So I think I'm good to go.. Now just the headache of doing the plate pull and re-install

+1
    U should send ur plate out to get molded before you install it.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by kenlepack View Post
    U should send ur plate out to get molded before you install it.
    Sounds like a good time to do that.. However, it's more $$ and I'm kind of done throwing tons of $$ to go 1-2mph faster.. The ski is an 07, with 550 hours on it.. Motor has been done up by Slow.. The ski is in great shape, has been babied since day one, just happy with where it's at now and just want to keep riding!

+1
    you need an 08 plate and take your time... its very easy but took about 3 hours and a few coronnas. Sucks your working and modding the shoe over your head but it works.... such a better and stronger solution.
    In my opinion if you have stripped your inserts and they have come out again and your going to trust epoxy again.... you either need to go an 08 plate or install a new shoe. when your over the bars when that grate drops out you will wish you would have done this.
    spend a little now and save a huge headache and injury later

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by greenbullet View Post
    you need an 08 plate and take your time... its very easy but took about 3 hours and a few coronnas. Sucks your working and modding the shoe over your head but it works.... such a better and stronger solution.
    In my opinion if you have stripped your inserts and they have come out again and your going to trust epoxy again.... you either need to go an 08 plate or install a new shoe. when your over the bars when that grate drops out you will wish you would have done this.
    spend a little now and save a huge headache and injury later
    Thanks but got a good deal on a new 07 plate.. My inserts stripped once in the past.. I don't think they are now.. They are holding fine.. Girdle is working great.. Just going to stick with the original setup, only headache I have is the damn leaky screws on top of the plate

+1
    Ok

+1
    FYI, my 08 RXP's 215 ride plate looked just like my 07, 06s, 05s, 04s and 03s I have had-- still had the pump support with the 2 brass inserts and 1 threaded boss in the plate-- stock unmolested machine.

+1
    08 was the cross over year .. ive seen 08's have pre 08 plates and 08s built later on in the year have the updated plate bolt to grate and not inserts

Thread Information