Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    AWA MEMBER
    +1

I have a few questions about the 310lx I'm about to pimp

1. how many miles ocean riding has one got out of a tank of fuel on ECO mode, want to go from Miami to Bimini.
    2. How many running hours before intercooler clean lol.
    3. how fast and how reliable are the 310 with a socom only.
    4. are sparkplugs still breaking, and do these consume oil because of it in the intercooler, meaning on a oil change interval will I have to add oil.
    5. how good is the cruise control, do you have to keep on the throttle while engaged?

thanks

+1
    On Eco mode riding conservatively, you can get 80-90 miles out of a tank
    Since the 310s have the newer catch can, I would say not near as often as the 300s. I don't know an exact number to give you on this.
    SCOM shouldn't hurt too bad. My 300 went 72.9 with simple free mods(including washer mod) in 85°+ air. I'd say Anywhere between 70-74 depending on conditions.
    If you put anti-seize on the plugs, you should be ok. I haven't noticed any oil consumption.
    Cruise control works good. You have to keep it pinned back once you engage cruise control.

3. +1 by:

Adding to what DH300 has said, all of which I agree with, the Cruise Control function works well and maintains a steady speed. I have had "zero" oil consumption on my 310. As far as I/C cleaning goes, I am @ 70 hours and have not had a chance to do it yet. I am still @ peak performance and RPM. But this is something I will check soon. I have had zero issues with the spark plugs; I have taken them out once to inspect @ 50 hours. They still looked new so I put them back in. JB

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    I'm looking for a ocean bound ski that will take abuse in those locations, and get me to Bimini without beating me to death, and have some piece of mind on the strength of the hull.....Yamaha makes a great ski don't get me wrong, just not a big fan of waves crashing on the Nano hull.....I'm not a big fan of the Yamaha hull in ocean conditions

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyDFZS View Post
    I'm looking for a ocean bound ski that will take abuse in those locations, and get me to Bimini without beating me to death, and have some piece of mind on the strength of the hull.....Yamaha makes a great ski don't get me wrong, just not a big fan of waves crashing on the Nano hull.....I'm not a big fan of the Yamaha hull in ocean conditions
    Go get it Joey, it's the perfect Ski for what you want to do. I am not going to say the 310 "shines" (that word really seemed to upset the Tribe last time on another thread). I actually do own a Wave Runner too, but like you say, that Ski is not the best Ski when it come to waves bashing on the Hull.

Can't wait to hear your first ride report JB

7. +1 by:

+1
    I just bought a 2015 310r and it makes my fzr feel like I'm riding on a twig ready to break. I was out in the rough water yesterday with it, breaking it in per the manual and I had a smile on my face from ear to ear. 4 foot boat wakes were a joke to where my fzr I would cringe riding in what I did yesterday. Oh and that blower sound at wot is amazing. Here is a video I took

9. +1 by:

+1
    I will be taking my 310 to bimini in a couple months

+1
    If the fzr wasn't so easy to make go fast on smooth water I'd sell it in a second.

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    how big is the storage on the LX model, is there enough room to pack a book bag and maybe a smaller bag?

+1
    I believe it's 56 gal on the 310s.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information