Getting ready for summer!!

Whats up guys? The season is rite around the corner and if you feel the way i do it cant come fast enough .. With that said i am still very new to this and would like to know any tips to do things to look out for before i put my ski in the water and ready to ride as always you replys are greatly apperciated thank you! Also ski is a rxt260 13' purchased new in 14' 52 hrs on it

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by dooit260 View Post
    Whats up guys? The season is rite around the corner and if you feel the way i do it cant come fast enough .. With that said i am still very new to this and would like to know any tips to do things to look out for before i put my ski in the water and ready to ride as always you replys are greatly apperciated thank you! Also ski is a rxt260 13' purchased new in 14' 52 hrs on it
    Put your plugs in.

On a more serious note, I change my spark plugs at the beginning of every season. It seems there are varying opinions on this but I think the plugs foul too often and are too cheap to not just take precaution. After experiencing a fouled plug on the first ride of the season 4 years ago and my buddy in the same situation the year after, I've decided it is best practice.

This season I will likely replace the stock battery with an AGM battery before putting the ski in the lake to prevent any headaches. I expect to do more riding this summer than ever before. Your ski is very new, you shouldn't have much to do assuming it was winterized properly and you have a fresh oil change.

Thank you for your reply i had the dealer winterize me ski while it was in for a recal on the temp sensor i did an oil change had a bilge pump put in battery out and i had plugs done at around 20hrs do you still think i should do plugs or no being they were done approx 30 hrs ago ??

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by dooit260 View Post
    Thank you for your reply i had the dealer winterize me ski while it was in for a recal on the temp sensor i did an oil change had a bilge pump put in battery out and i had plugs done at around 20hrs do you still think i should do plugs or no being they were done approx 30 hrs ago ??
    Very good then. The plugs are personal preference but I'd change them. I always change them before the first ride each season, regardless of hours. Like I said, others may disagree or have their own method but that one works for me.

+1
    I bring mine down to the water prior to my first actual ride. Run it on the trailer for 5-10 minutes burn off any fogging oil and take the seat off to check the hull for anything obvious. Then I return home flush on the hose and put new spark plugs in.

I agree with Bill about the AGM battery. My stock lead-acid battery shit out after 1 season (75hrs). Get a Deka.

Thread Information