+1

310r leaning to the left.

So the ski is incredible! But I noticed today that the ski has a lean to the left constantly while at idle speeds and just sitting while it's off, up on plane I don't have this issue. It seems easier to tip over on the left side. I thought maybe it had a leak so I jacked the Trailer up on a jack so almost the back of the ski was touching the ground and no water came out the rear drains so no water leaks. Do these skis just have a gangster lean to the left because of the supercharger is on that side? Anyone else notice this?

+1
    It has has been discussed here many times.from 2011 to 2013 the Ultra wt. distribution was even worse as WB,SC ,Exhaust Manifold and trim motor were on the left side ,2014-2015 added a second WB on the right and moved the trim motor to the right..

Yes it does take getting use to and being aware of especially idling or just floating and and if you have a passenger can be a little awkward..

+1
    Thanks guys sorry I didn't do a search. I've seen all the threads about it and it's 100% normal.

+1
    Wow cant believe people still call this a problem. Doesnt a motorbike park on a sidestand when not in use. You dont here people complaining of that now do you.

+1
    Ffs the ski only leans whilst it is anchored or floating. Once underpower it does not, I think my comparison is 100% spot on..

6. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by nicjak View Post
    Ffs the ski only leans whilst it is anchored or floating. Once underpower it does not, I think my comparison is 100% spot on..
    But..... does it do it while just "floating" with the rider aboard? Most PWCer's will take a break here and there and just float. Most bikers won't drop the kickstand and sit on their bike, and if they do, it would most certainly be considered uncomfortable.

+1
    I wasn't trying to make a big deal about it. If you read my first post I said and asked the question is it because the supercharger is on that side? So I had a hunch but just wanted to make sure. If that's it's nature then I'll deal with it. I origionally thought it maybe had water in it. Because my fzr sits very flat and true in any situation so that's why the lean was concerning to me but after reading the threads everything in the yamaha is centered or evenly placed. Where the Kawi isn't. Not a big deal.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyA View Post
    But..... does it do it while just "floating" with the rider aboard? Most PWCer's will take a break here and there and just float. Most bikers won't drop the kickstand and sit on their bike, and if they do, it would most certainly be considered uncomfortable.
    It isn't a horrible lean. It isn't really noticeable unless you are making a right turn at idle speeds.

My name is Sean and I am addicted to STXs smokeysevin's Avatar
    +1
    I don't have any issue with people asking a question and getting an answer but at least try to keep it on track and be halfway respectful. I have brought up the recent flurry of activity and reported posts with the other moderators and we will be addressing it as a group and what course of action to take. Personally with the amount of shit that happens over and over I am hoping to give a vacation to a few members but it is not up to me alone.

Keep it on topic and pertinent or I will wipe your posts as I have done in the past, if it continues as it has here, other options will be considered.

I try to let you guys have some fun and lighthearted jabs at eachother but there is a limit.

Sean

Thread Information