Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Wondering if the time was right

So put a deposit on a 2015 RXp-X and seeing all this hype about the 2016's being greatly improved and modified makes me wonder if I should have waited another year to pick up my first new RXP since 2005. I know we never win this battle but dam....the rumor's are out there and numerous sites....EVERYWHERE...

M

+1
    you most likely will have the same ski as a 16
    rumors about more HP have been circulating for years
    the current rxp has not been out that many years
    and the current motor still does very well in CC racing

+1
    The rumors have been out there for a while they will probably be the same. The only thing that I might have told you to do different was wait a few weeks as the perks to buy new have been better in April and May ever the past few years.

+1
    I say get the '15 and wait a few years for doo to work out the bugs that come along with significant changes. Then, a few years down the road when it seems all the issues have been resolved, trade the '15 in on a brand new one. You can always mod the '15 to keep up with the newer ones.
    Also keep in mind, these are just rumors. Rumors go out every year about all models.
    Last edited by DH300; 03-14-2015 at 08:41 PM.

+1
    Passing up an entire year of fun on the water based on only "rumors" doesn't sound like fun to me. Live in the moment and have fun now. Later if you feel the need for more speed, do a Vtech flash, air and call it a day.

However, what I would be doing is looking for a 2014 left-over at a discount.

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    Even if a new motor does hit next year (which it is from what I hear)..... I wouldn't buy the first year model. I've owned Doo's since 1993, and learned this many years ago. I'll personally wait at least 2 years before jumping on the band wagon.

7. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyRXP View Post
    Even if a new motor does hit next year (which it is from what I hear)..... I wouldn't buy the first year model. I've owned Doo's since 1993, and learned this many years ago. I'll personally wait at least 2 years before jumping on the band wagon.
    The limited 95XP800 was a fantastic first craft. A home run without a doubt! Didn't care for what the extended pump did to ski but a ski that IMO re-wrote all. The. Books.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanfish View Post
    The limited 95XP800 was a fantastic first craft. A home run without a doubt! Didn't care for what the extended pump did to ski but a ski that IMO re-wrote all. The. Books.
    He has a mint one in his garage all bubble wrapped

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    Yup...... can't part with that one! Rarest Doo ever made if it has a type X engine. I prefer the pump extension on the X4 hull vs the 96+ XP. Nothing in the mid 90's - early 2000's could hang with that ski! The 4-tec ski's were another story though. The 215's came out in 04, and took till 08 to resolve all the issues with it.
    Last edited by BigDaddyRXP; 03-14-2015 at 10:11 PM.

+1
    Yup...... can't part with that one! Rarest Doo ever made if it has a type X engine. I prefer the pump extension on the X4 hull vs the 96+ XP. Nothing in the mid 90's - early 2000's could hang with that ski!
    I've got a 12 hour max new engine in my 96 xp now. I bought the 2015 at the boat show , they tossed in the 4 year warranty. I got the ski coming .. Shoukd be here msybe next week. I went with the viper red vs the yellow. I'm going to buy another ski in the summer to have 3. I've been leaning for a 2015 fzs so I got a 3 person one , the rxpx and my little x4

M
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	89.2 KB 
ID:	353501  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information