Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Problems with V-Tech tune

I have a 2014 RXT-X 260 I did some mods to it a few weeks ago. The mods I did are a 4" kanaflex intake, Riva catch can and a Fizzle intercooler. I also have a Lucky 13 pump cone which still has to be installed. I wanted to see where my rpm's were before I installed it. The tune I used was for the 8375 rev limiter I believe it was ver 102nor. The ski ran 73mph with blimps of 74mph on dash. The water temp was 37 degrees and the air temp was about 50 degrees.

1 The first problem is the rpm's stayed at 8460 with the throttle pinned and not once did a rev limiter kick in.

2 The next problem I had is when the ski would be engaged in going forward I would tap the brake then tap forward again the ski would start to accelerate in reverse with out me holding the left lever down.

3 The last problem I had is when ever I put the ski in neutral the trim would go all the way up by itself. I kept putting the trim in neutral and every time I pull the left lever this would occur. I don't know if that is part of this tune or it is an error. I do have VTS setting #1 on the trim it defaults to when I pull the left lever. Next time I am out I will reprogram VTS #1 to neutral to see if that has an effect.
    Last edited by Titan_Joe; 03-14-2015 at 09:23 PM.

+1
    1) The hard limiter on a 8375 tune is just under 9,000rpm. What you are seeing is very common.

2 & 3) I've never seen or had that happen before. At this point I would download and reflash ski with STOCK tune (yes that is an available tune they have) and test again. Then reflash the 8375 tune again. You can keep up to 6 "tunes" on the maptuner at one time.

BTW: With what you have done, I feel the Lucky 13 cone is a bad choice.

I will certainly reflash back to stock and reflash back to 8375. Any certain tune you would recommend 101,102,201,202? I wish there was a description as to what was different between the versions. Why do you feel the lucky 13 was a bad choice? What of it been better to swap out the prop? BTW I came unhooked and hit 9200 rpm and did not hear the limiter, maybe it wasn't there long enough? Would the rpm's be safe at 8460 with out the valve train upgrade?

+1
    If you are not lean on top, I prefer the 202 tune (with 169 fuel cell). They offer another 8375 tune with an extra 4.5% fuel added on top end but if you have no way of monitoring AFR, its a shot in the dark. However, with that cold of water temp and 50F air, you may be better off with that.

The L13 cone will drop RPM quite a bit and you are already at a decent RPM range now.

If you saw 9200 when you came unhooked, the limiter kicked in. These motors spin so fast its hard to stop momentum.

IMO: If a 4tec has been modded (no matter how little), doing retainers is mandatory. Once you see the damage a dropped valve can cause, you are scarred for life.

Do you have much experience with the Lucky 13 cone? From what I understood with the Lucky 13 it will drop rpm's but if dialed in correctly your speed will stay the same. Also you repitch impeller to gain back rpms

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan_Joe View Post
    I do have VTS setting #1 on the trim it defaults to when I pull the left lever.
    I have also a 2014 RXT-X 260 - EU Model.
    With my left lever (break-lever), I can not trigger any effekt at or to the VTS.
    I can (must) doubleclick the VTS-up-button to jump to a choosen (setup) preset position - and doubleclick the VTS-down-button to jump to a second choosen (setup) preset position.
    Isīs a very useful function at quartermilerace...
    But as I say, with the left lever, I cannot change in any way (or any sittuation) the position of the VTS.
    Last edited by hkss; 03-15-2015 at 02:44 PM.

I tried to reflash several times today with the stock file and it would get to 43% and it would display error. I also tried a couple of other tunes that are on the tuner and I was only successful with the agr101 tune.

Levici manu Cangia misteri

send a pm with your email / vin and phone .

/J

Quote Originally Posted by Titan_Joe View Post
    I tried to reflash several times today with the stock file and it would get to 43% and it would display error. I also tried a couple of other tunes that are on the tuner and I was only successful with the agr101 tune.

Quote Originally Posted by samui View Post
    Levici manu Cangia misteri
    What?

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information