+1

Cool GP1300R Update / more questions

Ok, so that everyone is on the same page... I have a 2003 GP1300R that I purchased at the beginning of last season, It rode fine till the end of summer and I broke the tunnel...Since then, I have repaired and re-enforced the tunnel, installed the better brackets, wave eater clips and couplers I have added a Riva power filter, Riva free flow, R&D ride plate, R&D 5 degree exit nozzle, pump stuffer, Solas 13/19, JetWorks Valve (Fercho's) version, D-ring, temp chip, single bar intake grate... I've sealed the pump shoe very well, and am confident in strength of the tunnel... I purchased a TinyTach, and am ready to tune the JetWorks valve...

I DID NOT upgrade to the 05 pump parts...

Question: What is next? I am trying to out perform a buddy's 2005 Kawasaki 250Ultra (supercharged 4stroke) with Riva Stage1 kit... its fast, but I think im close...especially since I haven't tested with the jetworks valve or ride plate....

So, What is next... should I opt for riva heads, efi, reeds / stuffers??? or do I need to focus more on pump? 14/21sb, trimtabs, anticav cone, steering nozzle???

does the riva / jettribe seat cover have neoprene in the seat??? where can I get race number stickers like race skiis have? just the number part...

what about aftermarket bars? where do I get them?

Next Question...who do I need to talk to, so that I may obtain these obsolete items??? lol

I have a Riva ride plate for a 1200r if someone can work that in...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_20150307_008.jpg 
Views:	366 
Size:	56.8 KB 
ID:	353681   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_20150308_15_39_12_Pro.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	65.4 KB 
ID:	353682   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_20150309_20_10_59_Pro.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	58.2 KB 
ID:	353683   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_20150309_20_11_42_Pro.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	37.9 KB 
ID:	353684  
    Last edited by El_Conquistador_Trav; 03-17-2015 at 06:50 PM. Reason: more info

+1
    I found this on another recent post... they were talking about a 2003 GP1300R... should I send my head off?? or look for the individual replacements like RIVA??

"""With the mods you are considering ... skip the power sleeve & free flow exhaust for now. You will not need the fuel controller until you change or beef up the compression or advance the timing. Yes, the hole shot kit will improve your low end acceleration and a pretty simple & not to costly mod to make. The best mods that will help @ the stage you are at now is a good intake grate, pump shoe sealed, & ride plate upgrade. The 13/19 prop will still be your best bet. Ask me how I know? Ha Ha. Just those mods will take you from about 64 gps to about 68 gps or so. Then if you want more .... more $$ will be needed. You can take your OEM head off and send to Jim's performance to be milled ... about $100. quick turn around. You might also consider having him modify your ride plate about $250+ more ... you will then need to run 91 to 93 octane gas do to the increased compression from the milled heads. Everything I have mentioned so far does not require for you to remove the whole exhaust system. And is a pretty simple DIY. You will have to remove the stinger portion of the exhaust to install the hole shot mod. Plus every thing I mentioned is & can be DIY. If you can locate an advent ignition or some how find someone who still reflash your ECU then that can advance your timing. However, the cheapest way is to install a 3* or 4* degree keyway. This is a little more complicated mod to perform. They key way is cheap about $50. from WFO. But the install is a PITA (pain in the ass). Ha Ha Now you are pushing the realm of 70+ gps. Then the next step is to port the cylinders & change the reeds. This is more costly. Again pretty simple mod for DIY, you will have to remove the entire exhaust .... to get access to the flywheel housing so that you can install the key way ... now that you have the exhaust off you might as well consider the reed upgrade ... and get rid of that air intake black box. Once you install the newly ported cylinders (jugs) ... and re installed everything else ... you should be around mid to high 70's + gps. As you can see speed can be addictive LOL. Good Luck ... stay in touch and let us how you proceed. """

+1
    I think your next step is engine mods, now that you have the handeling mods' except you didnt say that you had a intake grate- which you need if your wanting to go fast, as the stocker is dangerous at high speeds. I run 1200r's but i think the 1300r is best with the 14/20 solas prop , and 2005+ HO pump upgrade with perfromance upgrades will tear up your buddys Ultra. Raise the compression with a new head or have your stock one milled, get the VF3 reeds, increase timing with the 3 degree key and get the Powershot fuel controller. I would talk to WFO about what exactly you need, he can help you for sure. As far as handlebars, you can get regular runabout handlebars 7/8" for like $60 on ebay- they will mount right on and increase the width of your bars- along with a cool motocross look. Concentrate on the engine mods, dont worry about cones, nozles or trimtabs right now- and if you get the 14/20 prop it can be repitched later to what ever you need- and a HO pump conversion is the key to getting real speed out of these mods, just the HO pump and spacer will add 3-4mph. With these decent upgrades id think you could do 75-80mph

+1
    I have the "single bar" intake grate... I think it is R&D

HaHa--- WFO, feel free to chime in here with a quote for heads / headwork, efi controller ,reeds, and 3 degree key... that sounds about like a grand... ouch.... b.o.a.t!

Talk with rich. Sounds like you know what your doing already. Milled head, keyway, efi controller, and if you decide reeds....

+1
    shoot me a pm or call the shop to chat

dont make me type all that stuff here.

7. +1 by:

Thread Information