2007 FX HO will not start?

Starter runs. Fuel pump goes and you can feel pressure in the hose between fuel tank and throttlebody.

When key fob locks up, display will go on for about 20sek then goes black again? (Can still get starter to run by pushing start button while dispaly is black). Starter will not run if red safety key isnīt in place.

New sparks
    New oil and filter
    New fuel (have bin sitting completly empty over the past months).
    Fully charged battery / Multimeter shows 12.6v when putting red on battery + and black (ground) on any other engine piece
    Fuses are all good (20 + 3 + 3)
    No error codes (01) shown on display

When hooking up YDS canīt find any direct problems other than when the display shuts down and loose connection with computer (YDS) and you need to resync.

Should any of the 4 throttle be open at start? (Seems like they are all closed and perhaps not synced correct?).

Thankful for any ideas and support as I am litteraly stuck..

butterflies are closed on start and i wouldn't dont try adjusting them at all without a carb sync....but even then they should still start the ski and wont just adjust on themselves.

have you checked to ensure the spark plugs are firing?

also, I have seen a roll over sensor (should be around the ecu) cause it not to start up. Unplug every wire, add dielectric grease and check every plug

please explain this key fob issue, are you talking about the safety lanyard?

There is a chance that you have simply locked yourself out of the ski and it needs reprogramming. Im not sure if that can be done unless you are a dealer. A had 4 skis with remotes and they would always get their frequencies messed up and lock the ski up

Quote Originally Posted by kwtony View Post
    butterflies are closed on start and i wouldn't dont try adjusting them at all without a carb sync....but even then they should still start the ski and wont just adjust on themselves.

have you checked to ensure the spark plugs are firing?

also, I have seen a roll over sensor (should be around the ecu) cause it not to start up. Unplug every wire, add dielectric grease and check every plug

please explain this key fob issue, are you talking about the safety lanyard?

There is a chance that you have simply locked yourself out of the ski and it needs reprogramming. Im not sure if that can be done unless you are a dealer. A had 4 skis with remotes and they would always get their frequencies messed up and lock the ski up

Thanks a lot for your input kwtony.

Too late alreday did the manual sync yesterday.. (will do a carb sync when it starts up, as it needs to run correct?).
    So now all butterflies are closed and should be sync as far as you can go by the manual. Says 0,9 deg in YDS.

The actual sparkplugs spark outside the machine. Didnīt find my sparkplug tester so couldnīt connect it and test them on the ignition coils.
    Measured the ignition coils and they are all in the specs.

Roll over sensor = slant detection switch = says OFF in YDS and you also have to remove the complete cover/box + electrical harness get inside that, not sure if the box is sealed etc so I doubt it since there is now code showing and will leave that for now..

Regarding the lanyard switch it shows OFF in YDIS and when I take it off, it says ON and starter will not run when you hit start button.

Key fob unlocks fine, said in an older manual that display shuts down if not operated in 25 sec, and I forgot to touch the start button when I hooked up my YDS so today it had connection all the time.

Are you 100% sure that you that you can be "out locked" even if the fob unlocks display, get fuel pump and starter to run and even popping up ignition degrees BTDC 16 in YDS when you hit the start button?

Two new questions:

Oil pressure sensure says ON in YDS? (correct or faulty?)

My voltage moved down to 10v when cranking is that normal?

That battery is likely your issue. Your fuel pump needs around 12-12.5 volts to be able to start. Either replace with a new battery or fully charge and try again.

Ok. Itīs fully charged so not to sure about that actual battery is bad, but what could possible steel power / voltage at start?
    Loose harness somewhere?

Please any one no if oil pressure switch should be shown as ON or OFF in YDIS?
    Could the oil pressure switch force ecu to not send spark or mess up amount of fuel?
    Or will it only activate the engine warning light?

Still no warnings or error codes coming up..

No that is not your issue There is no oil pressure till the motor starts to activate the sensor.

Ok thanks. Will drop my OPS teori then.

Have to find my spark tester and another battery then.

Any ideas on loosing voltage / loose bolts etc?

+1
    Yep thats true, if you change oil and filter, engine will be run a few seconds without oil pressure How that start run normal or a bit lazy?. Try take off one spark plug and grounded, then start and check spark? Also check if that plug its wet and smel gasoline?.
    Last edited by Staafe; 03-21-2015 at 06:12 AM.

Thanks for your input Staafe.

Ok. Do you mean if there is a delay in starter? When pushing start button there is a click from inside ECU cover (starter relay?) and then starter goes immediately.

Havenīt had any problem before so donīt really now how it should sound, but first crank sounds normal then second time perhaps a tiny bit lazier but really hard to tell. Doesnīt sound as "tired" as if you have a bad battery, I hope you understand what I mean..

Do you mean that itīs safe to check spark "old school" by putting the coil with sparkplug inside and ground it to the engine top. You canīt kill the coil this way?

Sparkplugs are wet with and smells gas, but they doesnīt look flooded..

+1
    Okay, but thinking if that 10v when you starting its bit too low. Yes its safe to check spark that way if you have good ground, you can take piece eletric wire and ground that sparkplug. Coil can be broken if you not grounded that sparkplug.

Thread Information