Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Question No compression.....

Hey guys. Some of you may remember my big brother "Breon" he used to love this site and posted a ton of things on here. Most of you also know that he tragically passed away a few years ago. That being said, I now have his ski 07 RXP This guy and his dadgum modifications lol. Anyway, I was out riding it a while back and it just crapped out on me (typical Anythony fashion ) Today I ran a compression check.... Results are not in my favor... 25/0/0 Suggestions, thoughts, ideas???

Thanks A ton.

Amy

+1
    Didn't I hear from someone, it took on some water or something, and got water in the motor?

Most likely will need to pull the head, and get the valves checked out, and look at the cylinder walls/ Pistons for any damage / rust

+1
    Hi Jason! Long time no talk to. No, it didn't take on any water and was running fantastic when it just crapped out. I figured I was going to have to pull the head and all that fun stuff. Oh and another thing. So, I'm thinking maybe the starter solenoid has gone bad as well.....??? When I did go to run the compression test on it, I got nothing, except the normal "beep", when I pushed the Start/Stop button... However, I know its not the starter becuase (I know, and you can yell at me later cause I can cause computer damage but...) I jumped it at the solenoid at it cranks..

+1
    Don't worry, the starter solenoids go bad often. How long ago did u spin it over?
    Start by pulling the valve cover off, and spinning it over to see if all the valves, and rockers are moving. Check the timing chain, and cam sprocket bolts for any damage. Let us know what u find

also Did u get one long beep, Or 4short beeps when the key is put on?

One long beep means a problem, and a "PO" code (may) display on the dash. If it does write it down. If the battery was dead for too long, it may have lost the programming, & not display the icon for the VTS Trim, and be looking for a compass that is not installed. This would require a dealer to hook up the computer to reset those areas.

+1
    I just spun it over yesterday. Compression tested today. Pulling the valve cover and checking that the valves and rockers are moving, was Todd and I's next course of action.. My ex-husband, Brian, told me to check the timing chain, but we hadn't thought about checking the sprocket bolts for damage, so thank you tons for that idea. I'll definitely keep you posted as I go.

As for the beep, I'm almost positive it was one long beep followed up by the normal short beeps when the key is attached. The battery had been dead for some time so tomorrow when I go back to our shop I'll check for a code and let you know.

Thanks again for all your help. Hope all is well with the family

+1
    No problem, If those checks don't reveal the problem, the head will have to come off. Could have even sheared the flywheel bolts too

Family is doing good, I'll be turning 40 Sunday, and Taylor will be turning 3 on the 31st How time flies !

+1
    UGH! Lets hope not..

Glad to hear family is well. Welcome to the 40's club lol!!! Happy early birthday to you and Taylor both! I can't believe shes already 3! She was just a teeny weenie infant the last time I saw her!! It is amazing how time flies! My grandbaby Anastasia Breon-Lynn just turned 2, her baby sister just turned 1 and I've got a 3rd one joining this world some time in July.... I'm hoping she arrives on the 14th, which would've been her great Uncle Anthony's 50th birthday..

I'll let ya know what I find out in the coming day's.....

+1
    Sounds like flywheel bolts, seen it happen similar style.
    Check whats in the oil filter, heaps of brass looking crap could be indicator of FW bolts sheared.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by GasResearch-VT.SE View Post
    Sounds like flywheel bolts, seen it happen similar style.
    Check whats in the oil filter, heaps of brass looking crap could be indicator of FW bolts sheared.
    quick question though, if the flywheel bolts have sheared, will I get compression on any cylinder? Would the positions even move? (All of them move fine). I get a tiny bit of compression 25 psi on the rear-most cylinder and zero on the other two. I confirmed piston movement so I know it didn't snap the crankshaft as my old Honda CRX did years ago. Anyhow, I will check the oil & filter when I get to shop today.

Thanks again,

Broken flywheel bolts would mean no piston movement on cranking. Sounds like broken timing chain to me.

11. +1 by:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information