Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: MSX 4Tec begins

MSX 4Tec begins

Finally given up on the weber power unit. Rebuilt twice for diff reathreads but no then goes and drops a valve. So parting it out.
    So it conversion time.
    Donor ski is a 2005 rxp. Motor needs rebuild due to charger failure. Have a good 2008 bottom end . So need to replace valves on 2005 head and build it all up. New pumps. Bearings bolts etc.

Receipient ski is a 2004 MSX150.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150319_154157.jpg 
Views:	215 
Size:	69.9 KB 
ID:	353847
    Initial plan was to put 4tec in ultra 250 hull but that is for a later day.

Questions will be coming fast.

Few initial one come to mind. Have read all the previous conversion threads. But no harm in asking.

2008 bottom end has the charger oiling pipe. The charger i am using is a 2005 no hole in the housin for the oil. What happens in this situation. Think i I seen somewhere that some guys block thr hole in charger for some reason.

What cutouts are needed. Glassing is not my thing so is much needed.

Not decided yet on pump and through hull. If i fit the seadoo pump i know other have shimmed out the top ot the pump support to center the shaft in the through hull bearing. Has anyone tried removing the aluminium through hull fittin bonded to the hull and mod it to fit back with a new angle. That way the pump will clear the ride plate and pump is fitted at the standarc seadoo angle.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Another MSX conversion recently posted abou using the stock Seadoo carbon ring system. Looked straightforward and a couple of other conversion owners said they would do the same if they were starting over.

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...=1#post2520422

Motor alignment is very important for the drive shaft alignment and shaft distance for your motor mount cut outs and glassing. I had to make several adjustments to get it right. That was the biggest challenge and all the small routing details. If you need a template for the seadoo pump style shoe, I have made 2 I can send you one if you need it. You will loads of help on here on your project. whoever can help they will. loads of info and load pics as we can all see details and idea's to share. Good luck and keep us posted.

+1
    There's no going back once you've ridden the MSX with 200+ hp
    post up your pics and problems for all of us to think about

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by steelroe View Post
    Finally given up on the weber power unit. Rebuilt twice for diff reathreads but no then goes and drops a valve. So parting it out.
    So it conversion time.
    Donor ski is a 2005 rxp. Motor needs rebuild due to charger failure. Have a good 2008 bottom end . So need to replace valves on 2005 head and build it all up. New pumps. Bearings bolts etc.

Receipient ski is a 2004 MSX150.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150319_154157.jpg 
Views:	215 
Size:	69.9 KB 
ID:	353847
    Initial plan was to put 4tec in ultra 250 hull but that is for a later day.

Questions will be coming fast.

Few initial one come to mind. Have read all the previous conversion threads. But no harm in asking.

2008 bottom end has the charger oiling pipe. The charger i am using is a 2005 no hole in the housin for the oil. What happens in this situation. Think i I seen somewhere that some guys block thr hole in charger for some reason.

What cutouts are needed. Glassing is not my thing so is much needed.

Not decided yet on pump and through hull. If i fit the seadoo pump i know other have shimmed out the top ot the pump support to center the shaft in the through hull bearing. Has anyone tried removing the aluminium through hull fittin bonded to the hull and mod it to fit back with a new angle. That way the pump will clear the ride plate and pump is fitted at the standarc seadoo angle.
    For your supercharger, I'd rebuild it. They only sell 08+ kits now, so even if the washers were rebuilt, who knows how old those bearings are. When these motors eat a washer, full tare down is usually in order.

Glassing the pump support is easy. Mix some epoxy with filler, fill the holes and re-drill. GGG made a pump template that I used and sent along to other people as well. The angle is really pretty close on it's own. If you put a thick washer on top bolts it makes the angle pretty close. As for the mounts, it depends on where you want the motor placement. From the three stock lengths, I'd still go with the 08 rxtx shaft. It is the longest shaft and gives you some room to work on the supercharger and anything on the rear of the motor. As for the pump, Beerdart and spannerspencer have custom setups. Not sure what the advantage is. Yes the nozzle position is closer to stock, but with so much more power, it may compensate for not sitting 4" back.

I've got a hull in the back that has the support drilled but the mounts not glassed in and i've got the sc and back guts out of my current conversion. If y you need some measurements let me know.

+1
    Kosh u like a kid in a candy shop ...

7. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SLASHER View Post
    Kosh u like a kid in a candy shop ...
    Msx conversions are always a good read.

Cheers for the reply guys.
    Been reading all the previous threads, numerous times☺. Lots of good info.
    Mechanical side I have no problem with.
    Classing is not my thing but getting more into it.
    From whatI have read the seadoo pump has a 6 degree wedge built into the pump support. Stock polaris runs parallel to the plate but had a wedge built into nozzle.
    Most of u guys shimmed out the top of the seadoo pump support to centre the shaft in the polaris bearing carrier.
    Spencer removed the stock bearing carrier and manufactured his own setup. Has anyone tried leaving the seadoo support mounted normally. Then remove the aluminium bearing carrier from the hull and try and reattach it at the new shaft angle.
    Yes the stock doo seal setup seems to be easiest way forward. Never been a fan of the carbon seal though.
    Have this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2217136723...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
    Enroute from US. Had a homemade setup with an old pump but this was at a good price.
    What impellers are u guys using.
    I cur re ntly have a 05 rxp and 03 gtx 185hp here that I am parting out. Once I removed everything I need☺☺

Yes I could do with the seadoo pump template but I am in Ireland.
    Maybe spannerspencer has one I could borrow. If not I will just make one up.
    Can someone please explain how to measure the pump angle to ride plate.

+1
    The driveshaft has to go straight into the motor. You don't have a lot of room to move the motor around so the motor is going to determine your pump angle

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information