Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

2003 gp1300r wont go over 4k rpm

i just purchased this 03 gpr with an 06 motor so it doesnt have powervalves .the issue is that i start it and it wont pass over 4k rpms .its throwing the temp sensor code..15 .but it already has a chip ..would the alarm go off even if the chip is on could the chip go bad ?? i changed the fuel pump since he told me it could of been bad .but i dought it now since i seen is still doing the same problem ..please help me out

+1
    The resident Yamaha GP go-to-guy on here is Rich, @ WFO. He is very friendly and will always offer up great info when trouble shooting these older 2 strokes. He also has a pretty good line on most parts. Give him a shout. He is on this forum. He is located in Houston TX. Good Luck

well i talk to some guy and he told me that it could be the engine temperature sensor ..on jug #1 ..in the plug where the chip goes there is nothing at all just the unpluged female plug .but he said thats fine because its an 06 ..and it also has an 08 wire harness .. he told me it doesnt need a chip ..but that most likely the sensor in piston #1 is bad ... what do u guys think

+1
    If you could, please post a picture of what is unplugged. There are instances where the ski needs a chip no matter what year. See this post: http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=228958

well here is an update ..the jetski runs fine when it wants too like we made liek 4 passes 3 of them bogged out and one it ranned fine ..i was checking the sparkplug cables and #3 shocked the hell out my finger could that be ?? i heard thats not normal .. also i got the picture here ima upload it ..aand its still giving me that code 15 ..its the first thing that comes on ..it starts beeping right away as soon as i start it ..

thats the sensor right there ..

+1
    Are you trying to use the original 2003 ECM? There are programing differences between powervalve (2003-2004) and non powervalve (2005-up) ECM's. That in itself is a likely cause of the bogging. Make sure the ECM you are using is for a non powervalve ski (2005-up) as it needs to match the engine (powervalve or not) you are using. Once that is sorted out, install a 2.2 kilo ohm (2.2K) resistor into the temp sensor connecter to keep the alarm from sounding and retest the ski for proper operation.

Well I bought it like that .the guy said that it started bogging little by little until it ran like crap..i don't know if it has a 03 computer . But it was running fine bofore but it started running worst and worst .

Another update. He said. He took it to a meecanic. He said that allcylinder. Were bogging

+1
    Is this a momentary type thing or will it continue to bog and run like crap when it happens? (like an over rich chainsaw) My 2003 had an issue where it would hit 3500rpm and run just like that. I thought a mouse made a nest in my waterbox or something because when I put it away the fall before it ran great. Turned out it was a bad sparkplug. It looked great, would spark fine out of the ski, but I changed the set anyway and it solved the issue. It's also possible you have a plug wire issue as you mentioned.

Yea that what I'm thinkig.but willthat make it bogg oin alll cylinders

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information