Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

2015 FZR upgrade

Good day Greenhulk members!

I've just registered and here are my first questions.

Is that a good (or just reasonable) idea to install a performance kit on a brand new with 0 hours 2015 FZR?

Also, what about regarding choosing between Riva stage 2 for SVHO or R&D stage to for the same?

Looking forward to your suggestions and thank you all in anticipation.

+1
    I would put at least 5 or 10 hours on the ski before you do any mods that could void a warranty. Wouldn't want to have a factory caused failure show up and then get denied coverage.

As far as mods go, it seems like most of the SVHO guys I see are just running some cooling mods and a reflash and getting good results. I'd get some hours on it stock and then go that route. If you search for "SVHO reflash" I'm sure you'll find some good info.

+1
    I would skip the kits, and do some searching around on here to see what mods to do to get it where you want it, but I recommend getting it broke in and ride it a while before you start modding it.

4. +1 by:

+1
    I wait till after 10hr service before doing the mods that void warranty. You can do things like ride plate, intake grate, etc at any point as those would not void the engine/pump warranty.

If you add an cooling, IC, Intake manifold bypass, tune and pitch/replace the impeller you can have a fast ski. Throw in some retainers and springs and you can spin it even more.

Where are you located?

Thanks for your suggestions guys. You are helping me to lean in a right direction - I was thinking about the same after reading the forum but was having that urge to make it quick and simple.

I'm located in Canada and ride the ski on the lake Ontario.

Theres alot more to making a ski fast then just choosing a stage from x manufacture.

Quote Originally Posted by d00m View Post
    Theres alot more to making a ski fast then just choosing a stage from x manufacture.
    Can you elaborate please? Other than pump sealing, hull truing and weight reduction/mirrors removing and changing intake grate/riding plate/sponsons/pump.

+1
    You don't need to worry about pump and the stock sponsons are nice on the newer SVHOs...I'd start with Riva power filter kit and ribbon delete to accelerate faster and make the ski feel more snappy. Modified stock intake grate and ride plate are great if you have someone that can do them for you.

+1
    Where in Canada? I ride Ontario as well near Rochester. Ontario has some big water!

Quote Originally Posted by HydroStream6 View Post
    Where in Canada? I ride Ontario as well near Rochester. Ontario has some big water!
    Belleville

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information