Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

+1

Took on some water

Went out last weekend raced around for about 2hrs. Stopped and took a break for a bit then hit the throttle and realized dam I dont have any real power . Popped open seat and saw about 1/4 of the motor under water maybe a little less. Freaked out and hauled ass back to the dock minus about 12mph top speed.

Its been in the shop for about 4 days now they cant find anything wrong ! Said the tightened some screws ect... $100 later grrr.
    Side note after I drained all the water out I backed it back in checked for water leaks ect ran it around for a bit nothing? WTF?

And yes I will have a bilge pump installed asap.!

Any ideas guys? This scared the shit out of me so many things running through my mind.

What ski have you got? Year?
    Have you got any cavatation issues?

plugs? That is strange?

+1
    If its a Seadoo .... your auto bailers weren't working 2 clear hoses usually attached to the , up and over exhaust hose , to keep them high.
    If you were doing lots of tight turns etc water can enter via the seat or vents
    More info on Ski ?

Good Luck

+1
    sorry yes it's a 2011 seadoo gti 155.

+1
    Keep checking it as you ride. It may show up again. Maybe carbon ring/bellows leaking

+1
    A little update:

So took it out again after it was in the shop. After they told me they are about 100% sure they fixed it! After about 5 min here comes the water I clearly can see its coming in from the carbon seal back to shop. They tell me yes you are right it is in fact the carbon seal. They call me back with a quote $950 Damm! They say they have to replace drive shaft that is has corrosion and will probably wreck it trying to get the seal off!! Any suggestions? I told them I have an extended warranty!

+1
    If you are handy with tools at all, the carbon seal is a do-able procedure. Soak the hat with penetrant for a bit and proceed to take the pump off and do it yourself. The seals are about 75 each and if you ruin the driveshaft, it is about 350 if I remember right. Still much cheaper than the $950. Look up the procedure in the manual and there are a hew how-to instructions on here as well.

Banned User
    +1
    I recently bought the tools and all materials for $200, except for the driveshaft which is in great shape. The list includes driveshaft support tool, support ring separator tool , bellows, clamps, carbon ring, support ring, c clip, rubber bumper and all orings for support ring and pto. Going to replace all next year as preventative measures. You should give it a try, do it yourself, save money and it provides the best quality control possible.

10. +1 by:

+1
    Is the carbon seal moving forward any under acceleration? If it's moving then the problem lies in a trashed bearing in the pump allowing forward movement of the driveshaft.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information