Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Vtech Question About Timming...

I have the data logger and run the 8900 Jesus tune. Question is when im at about 8000 rpm the ski starts pulling back timing. I know this because im watching it on my phone as its happening. It shows also at the same time knock. In the vtech map im running above 8000 rpm is in the 38 degree area for the timing and im only getting around 30. I have been told the bosch ecu will only allow around 30 degrees. I have tried multiple gas stations and only run 93 octane so I dont think its a fuel issue. So if the ecu only allows 30 wot why would it have 38 in those areas?

+1
    how much boost?
    38* seems very high for over 10psi
    and 30* is still on the high end for over 10psi on pump

That with a stock charger and I see up to 13 psi. 38 is what's in the map but the knock sensor seams to be pulling it to 30

Unless on there tuning software timing is read from left to right bottom to top. Guess I should read the kpa values instead of just thinking the map is seyup the same as the fuel tables

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by scantone View Post
    I have the data logger and run the 8900 Jesus tune. Question is when im at about 8000 rpm the ski starts pulling back timing. I know this because im watching it on my phone as its happening. It shows also at the same time knock. In the vtech map im running above 8000 rpm is in the 38 degree area for the timing and im only getting around 30. I have been told the bosch ecu will only allow around 30 degrees. I have tried multiple gas stations and only run 93 octane so I dont think its a fuel issue. So if the ecu only allows 30 wot why would it have 38 in those areas?
    The easiest solution is to use a fuel with a known octane rating......pump gas can and does vary. The best solution is to use a different tune with less timing overall. Purpose: to determine what's causing knock. It could also be a mechanical issue.

+1
    You have a problem with the fuel...this file is for 98oct and also with high quality....

You should decrease timing to 34 at top if you dont have chance to put a good 98oct fuel.

Regards

Jesus

+1
    your 98 ron octane is about the same as our (usa) 93 octane pump fuel

Jesus what does the basic ignition angle and ignition angle actually mean on the data logger
    and how can you see them on a log?

FYI
    pump e85 is about 100 usa octane and 109 ron, pump e98 is about 125ron and 115usa
    just about every place that sells race gas can get a higher grade e-85 or e98
    here in michigan a few of the ethanol plants and distributors sell "pump" custom blends
    Last edited by skidoochris; 03-22-2015 at 07:40 AM.

8. +1 by:

+1
    Hi...

Well ...its not easy to explain ( my english is not so good as id like)....well BOSCh ECU is really complicated...But just to resume, the file is working fine when all this ignition values are really close ( or same).

Normally when the timing is retarding ...use to be because fuel and map sensor...Almost everything is related with the MAP sensor in this ECU.

Too many times we fix this problems just increasing the fuel pressure....

Anyway..there is some files ( like this one for example) wich need tuning.....they are not ready just to run it. Please dont get me wrong...but only me knows how many fuel, hours and headache i spend to make this files...so when i ask Jonatan to upload ...well lets says its not perfect 100%

So...if anyone are runing some of my files and are getting any issues...just contact me and iŽll help him

Regards

Jesus

The most interesting man in the world. Nils888's Avatar
    +1
    38 deg on USA 93 Octane is to much timing.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by skidoochris View Post
    your 98 ron octane is about the same as our (usa) 93 octane pump fuel

FYI
    pump e85 is about 100 usa octane and 109 ron, pump e98 is about 125ron and 115usa
    just about every place that sells race gas can get a higher grade e-85 or e98
    here in michigan a few of the ethanol plants and distributors sell "pump" custom blends
    Thanks so much! This explains a lot to me...
    Now I found out.
    In USA it is AON (=RON+MON:2)
    In Europ it is RON (in Germany ROZ)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information