Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Cost and "how to" for shipping a Polaris

If you find a good ski, say, in Florida, and you live in, say, Wisconsin, what would it cost to have it shipped? Who the heck does this? Has anyone has good or bad stories with this form of transportation?

Maybe this is nothing but a hole in my head , but I thought it may be worth looking into... We fly in and out for spring break so no towing vehicle...

Thanks

Stevo

+1
    I use uship to do it I've had a bunch of ski's shipped from fl to Chicago it usually is between 400-500

+1
    Hello there is a resident shipper here on the forum. I think you can find him ... try 4gtx , his name is John.

+1
    www.uShip.com

Freight haulers make the lowest bid on your freight. I've used it multiple times with great success.

+1
    Interesting topic... since I live in expensive jet ski land.

What are the typical requirements for shipping regarding prepping the ski to ship? Does it have to be on a pallet? Does the ski get loaded onto bunks by the hauler? How is it expected to be loaded/unloaded... forklift or manpower?

Cheers!

+1
    I have had 3 skis shipped the first one was from Alabama to Chicago, the second was from..VA to Chicago(roughly shipped at the same time) the 3rd was Florida to Milwaukee. So Lugs can say how they where unloaded, as He is the one that did it, but the one from Alabama, was in the back of a guys dually pickup truck. i think i paid him 300 to bring it. the one from VA. i believe might have been a semi...or large truck of some sort...that one was i believe 400 to ship, and the last one, was an amazing rate,of 150 dollars, the shipper happened to be 15 minutes from where the ski was, and somehow we got it to work where he got it. he brought it from Florida to Milwaukee in the back of his truck, i picked it up in milwaukee.

I used Uship for all of these transfers

+1
    For a ski by itself and if you are willing to work around someones scheduled U-ship is a great way to go. If you have it in a crate and ready to ship normally I can do better for you. It all depends on how quickly you need it done and whether it is just a ski sitting on a trailer or what. Had a guy call and needs two skis on a trailer on the east coats he needed in florida and then brought back Got is done for $500 everyone wins.
    Anyway call me if it is in crate or you want some info.
    I have used Uship for my own stiff when it is the right way to do it.
    If you are buying in a crate can probably do better than Uship and it can be picked up today rather than wait for a good shipper to bid on the shipment.

Resident electronics hacker UnityRacing's Avatar
    +1
    For those that have used UShip, once you post what you are trying to move, are you committed? IE: do you *have* to pick someone and follow through with it, or can you say screw it, I'm not going to buy it because it costs too much to ship?
    Does it cost to use UShip?

+1
    You can also set the price that you want to pay and shippers can elect to take your offer. Be prepared to commit if so.

OK, I posted a Uship offer out there to what comes back... This is interesting. Never knew this world existed...

Stevo

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information