A little water in hull?

I recently replaced my impeller, got the pump wedge, riva rear air intake, and SC washers. I went for the first ride yesterday and was out about a hour and a half. There were no waves or ruff riding going on just speed runs. The ski had a little water in the hull. I am guessing about 12 ounces or so. Didn't know if I should be looking for something wrong or if this is somewhat normal?

Here's my take. I learned a long time ago that if it rides on water, somehow it will find its way in. It may be as simple as the hull flexing a bit and it sneaks in where the OPAS is blocked. As long as it is not like gallons and gallons, you will be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Devil View Post
    Here's my take. I learned a long time ago that if it rides on water, somehow it will find its way in. It may be as simple as the hull flexing a bit and it sneaks in where the OPAS is blocked. As long as it is not like gallons and gallons, you will be OK.
    It's odd you mention the OPAS because of all the stuff I did that is the one area that doesn't seem right. It didn't go back together too smooth and I had to put a little pressure on it to get the bolt holes to line up. I can also feel that it has made the steering tight in a couple of spots. Maybe I am reaching for straws but maybe the stress on the OPAS that has been applied is causing a small water leak where you say. I guess I'll just have to continue to monitor and see.

+1
    The OPas system will be a major water leak for people as the boots dry rot. I`ve seen skis with zero hours leak at the boots. A lil is not a prob.

Thread Information