Thread: Some questions.

Some questions.

Ok I finally got the ski back together and it ran for about 20 minutes on the hose just fine, no leaks, no problems. I then took it to a lake near me and went out and stayed around 40mph to see if the coolnat would drop, I still think theres an air pocket in there somewhere.

Anyways when I hit WOT about 10-15 seconds later a h-temp warning came on. I searched through the various threads here and it seems like I might need to pull my j-pipe and see if the little holes are clogged. But heres a concern for me. Im wondering if my IC hoses are hooked up backwards. Is this really a problem? Does it make a difference?

Also when I was at a dead stop and went WOT right away it pulled real hard for about 20ft then it seemed like there was no power and then came back alive again. Is this the SC washers slipping? I just put the metal washers in and had sea-doo do the work along with putting in the RR wheel. Any ideas anyone?

+1
    Do you have a BOV?

Also, please list all of your mods. It could be a problem with the external IC if you have one

20 minutes on hose?

not the best idea bro

No external I/C on this ski.Only mod is what he mentioned before,RR SC wheel and metal washers.

Oil cooler lines are hooked on correct and also the stock I/C lines are also correct.

Hey Luis I think it was the extra clamp on the j-pipe. Theres a ton of water coming out of the exhaust now. The e-temp actually dropped from 75 to 73, instead of staying right at 88 yesterday. Oil temp stayed right at 75 the 10 min or so it was on the hose. Im going out probably on wed or thurs to Moss Park this week for an hour or so to see if it worked.

Mike the e-temp means earth temperature not engine temp so that doesnt have nothing to do with the h-temp.However that extra clamp that you had between the j-pipe and waterbox may have been restricting waterflow and if you say theres tons of water coming out of the exhaust compared to yesterday could have been the problem. You are close to the lake.Why not go check it out?

Quote Originally Posted by luismendez25 View Post
    Mike the e-temp means earth temperature not engine temp so that doesnt have nothing to do with the h-temp.However that extra clamp that you had between the j-pipe and waterbox may have been restricting waterflow and if you say theres tons of water coming out of the exhaust compared to yesterday could have been the problem. You are close to the lake.Why not go check it out?
    Im tired. Ill end up going right in the morning on.....dammit. I still need to get my FL drivers license. My WI expires on thursday. Also forgot, keep Saturday open, I think theres a bunch of us headin to Universal for 2-3 b-day parties.

Actually what I also noticed is that the j=pipe is staying cool. Yesterday is was hotter than hell. Im pretty positive that it was a water restriction. Now next time you see your cousin ask him what the cause of the launching problem was, Im stumped.

Thread Information